ScHoolboy Q - CrasH Talk (Discussion Thread)

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Hilarious. Just checked the charts, this album peaked lower (3) than blank face (2). Not that any of the songs charted well but chopstix peaked at 85 on the hot 100...numb numb (which is more q’s real sound) peaked at 50 something, that and floating are the two tracks that make appearances on multiple charts (albeit low positions).

Dude did a whole ass sellout album for it to, well...crash :mjgrin:

Hope breh stops chasing a lane after this and just makes the best music possible

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I still haven't listened to this album yet. Don't think I will either. I guess he peaked with Blankface, but father time done caught up with him.

Daps
@bourgeoisie tall freak Top Dawg seems to be really savvy as a businessman

his uncle is a man called Mike Concepcion, he was/is in the business so i'm sure he must have peeped game. Then i'm sure they learned a lot from when Jay Rock was on strange music with tech nine and them, which seems to be a pretty successful indy label. but what probably matters to the success most is how the talent is just absolutely fire :whew: sometimes you just gotta get lucky :obama:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This was easily the most disappointing album of the year. Did all that chart chasing just for this to brick terribly. He needs a rebound album or mixtape quickly.
Chance's The Big Day would like to have a word with you about that
:banderas:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
:mjlol: What a terrible miscalculation this album was. Dude tried to get that mainstream money and flopped, and on top of that went on a press tour shytting on what's almost universally regarded as his best album AND insulting the type of fans who gravitated towards that and his old shyt.

Not only did you flip, but you pissed off your core fanbase deliberately :snoop:

Last edited:

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That ty dolla joint juss painful:yeshrug:

If it was tyga or anyone else bool...but Cmon Q:mjlol::francis:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chance's The Big Day would like to have a word with you about that
:banderas:
This was more disappointing, A lot of people expect chance to drop some corny bullshyt, not an artist who has dropped nothing but straight heat for his whole career like Q had up to this album

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This was more disappointing, A lot of people expect chance to drop some corny bullshyt, not an artist who has dropped nothing but straight heat for his whole career like Q had up to this album
Well... I've followed both of them and listened to all of their content, and Chance's record is legit a chore to get through. Schoolboy at least gave us some dope shyt and some cold visuals
:whew: