ScHoolboy Q - CrasH Talk (Discussion Thread)

Daps
:huhldup:

You missing out on one the best discographies in hip hop over the past decade.

:hubie:
you got some sh!t, im always down to check it out..

i just never listened to dude like that.. thought the track he did with Kanye was dope, and thats all ive really peeped.. i listen to/get ALOT of music.. if something dont readily catch my ear, i just keep it moving.. if i missed something, im always down to check it out..

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i dont listen to alot of these new cats like that.. :gucci:

yall gotta really get out of this bubble that everyone listens to the same sh!t yall listen to..
people who came out in the 09-11 era aint new...but ok

and no one is under the assumption we all listen to the same thing, but both have had enough singles in the mainstream to not have two completely different styles, sounds, and skill levels confused. :ld:

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
you got some sh!t, im always down to check it out..

i just never listened to dude like that.. thought the track he did with Kanye was dope, and thats all ive really peeped.. i listen to/get ALOT of music.. if something dont readily catch my ear, i just keep it moving.. if i missed something, im always down to check it out..

I would start with Habits&Contradictions and work my way up personally but imo That Part wouldn’t crack my top 30 Q tracks.

Daps
people who came out in the 09-11 era aint new...but ok

and no one is under the assumption we all listen to the same thing, but both have had enough singles in the mainstream to not have two completely different styles, sounds, and skill levels confused. :ld:
outside of the one with Kanye- what singles would i know this dude from..?

im not even trying to clown on dude.. i honestly, just havent listened to his catalog.. or, heard anything thats caught my ear like that.. newsflash: no matter how popular thecoli.com wants them to be.. alot of people arent familiar with alot of rappers..

Daps
I would start with Habits&Contradictions and work my way up personally but imo That Part wouldn’t crack my top 30 Q tracks.

You can't go wrong starting with Setbacks(his first album). H&C is when he really hit his groove (no pun intended) but Setbacks is solid and has some great songs.
good looks.. :salute:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
outside of the on with Kanye- what singles would i know this dude from..?

im not even trying to clown on dude.. i honestly, just havent listened to his catalog.. or, heard anything thats caught my ear like that.. newsflash: no matter how popular thecoli.com wants them to be.. alot of people arent familiar with alot of rappers..
Lol @ newsflash, save the group think arguments for someone else. I’m very objective in assessing where people fall in the spectrum of popularity, but for those who listen to rap past what’s on the radio, dude has a pretty solid non radio following - like a nipsey, Gibbs, currensy, etc

I don’t know what you listen to, but his song “studio” was likely his biggest radio hit, maybe collard greens, and he’s on albums of more popular artist like ASAP rocky...

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
outside of the on with Kanye- what singles would i know this dude from..?

I'm sure you've heard Man of the Year without even realizing it. The beat's been used in various TV shows and movies

He was on one of the best tracks off ASAP Rocky's debut, PMW: