School Me On Slow Cookers Brehs...

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ok, totally clueless about all this, I would hear you had to soak beans over night before cooking them and stuff. I want to make Navy Bean soup among other things, pretty much stuff higher in veggies, so I can start lowering my meat intake (lower not eliminate)
Yes, rinse and clean the dry beans and soak them overnight in water. The beans should be about double or more in size. You could also do a "quick soak" where you boil water, drop the beans in the boiling water, turn off the heat and then just let the beans soak in the water for about 3-4 hours. Again you're looking for them do be about double or more in size.

Once you soak your beans you can use them for cooking in your soup recipe.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
only a few months after asking about slow cookers:mjcry:

Held off until black friday :manny:

I'm tech savy but I don't get Pinterest at all lol or at least never took time to figure it out

I'll explain it to you how my homeboy explained it to me

Think of it as a empty bulletin board surrounded by millions of dope things on a wall. you see stuff you like on the wall, you pin it to your bulletin board so you have easy access to it. Great for recipes

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
If you not on Pintrest getting recipes you pouring jelly on yourself. There's actually too much stuff on there. I've been jacking most of these and some other ones

http://organizerbyday.blogspot.com/2013/11/20-crockpot-meals-under-20.html?m=1

http://thefrugalgirls.com/category/crockpot-recipe

I'm glad you brought this back :mjlol:

Thinking about going to the store to get some turkey legs for the slow cooker ... I'm not too enamored with what I cooked on Sunday :beli: :camby:

Jeepz

Lay off the salt
Daps
Low temperature cooking means less chemicals... more nutrition.

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps