Scarlett Johansson to star in "GHOST IN THE SHELL"

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Why set the movie in japan but then have Scarjo stick out like a sore thumb
yeah you are worried about the movie flopping but you are running the risk of hitting a gods of egypt tier flop now

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
This ain't looking good to me, but maybe it's just because I know the anime and especially worship INNOCENCE: GITS 2. I mean, yeah, it looks glossy and expensive but it feels like it has none of the substance, like it's a pricey student film, and the casting looks terrible. For the record, I dug Scarlett in UNDER THE SKIN, so it ain't her so much as the material. Much less of a consideration but I also would be surprised if it ends up connecting with general audiences because even after things like THE MATRIX (which it influenced of course) and WESTWORLD going on now, I picture the masses looking at this and going "WTF?"

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
What I've come to understand is that you can't expect a faithful western adaptation of an anime.

The reality is, the only people who care about accuracy are anime stans, and they make up a very small minority of people who will see this movie.

The studio gains nothing by catering to us.

ScarJo is the lead because her starpower will put more butts in theater seats. It's that simple.