SCARLET NEXUS (Official Thread)

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I'll say it.
This looks more interesting than Tales of Arise.

I mean they are allowed to experiment on this project a lot more than Tales of Arise. So I could definitely see that even though I wouldn't agree.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I'd assume it would be something like Code Vein where there is enough customization to make it feel like a JRPG.
I mean, while not necessarily always the case, (but usually is), if I see multiple energy/stamina bars and numerical hit-points popping up on hits, usually an RPG, lol.

Either way, I was likely going to cop. Still trying to decide if it's day one or not. Guess depending on when exactly it releases and how my gaming fare is at that time.

EDIT: Ah, I see it's the 25th of June. Provided that sticks, just two weeks after Ratchet. I think I'm liable to day one, lest it reviews terribly.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Did Bamco literally say this?

No but there is only so much you can mess around with in a Tales of game without angering the fans. I think that’s kind of obvious.

Fans are already upset that Arise has no local multiplayer.

Yeah, pretty much the standard fare of new IP vs. established IP. New IP is devs chance to go balls to the walls for new ideas, since there's no trademark identity tied to it yet. Established IPs typically have to go par the course, to some degree at least due to warranted expectations.