Scarface is the most overrated movie of all time

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Actually liked the movie from the historical stand point of how Miami was the wild west in the early 80s which is true with the drug cartels (Cubans and Columbians).

Al Pacino acted his ass off in the movie.

I also liked the fact that all the dirty shyt scarface did came back to bite him in the ass. Scarface was killed in a violent way and got everything he deserved in the end.

Where as in these Italian movies like god father the thug/criminal commits all these crimes (along with his father) and the b*stards get to live a long life and die without being killed or going to jail.

Which brings me to a bigger point how when blacks and latins lead characters are criminals / murderer in the movie how they are always killed off in a violent manner as a moral lesson for their violent life style.

Yet somehow in movies where the white character lives a criminal / murderer life style often times there is no moral lesson with them being killed. They get to live at the end of the movie, run away and escape or live a long life.

I guess black and Latin characters who are criminals or murderers and living at the end of the movie is a little too much for society to stomach.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Loved when they business partner was killed and they asked the body guard did he want a job....:mjlol:

Dude was scared as shyt.

Also like the second part of the movie and the government ties which really foretold the story of Iran contra, Gary Webb and Freeway Rick Ross.

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you guys are crazy. its an incredible flick. I remember renting it in 93 after some guy at Radio Shack told me theres a scene where someone gets their legs and arms sawed off with a chainsaw.

I thought Pacino was incredible in this. the character is GOAT material.

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
Actually liked the movie from the historical stand point of how Miami was the wild west in the early 80s which is true with the drug cartels (Cubans and Columbians).

Al Pacino acted his ass off in the movie.

I also liked the fact that all the dirty shyt scarface did came back to bite him in the ass. Scarface was killed in a violent way and got everything he deserved in the end.

Where as in these Italian movies like god father the thug/criminal commits all these crimes (along with his father) and the b*stards get to live a long life and die without being killed or going to jail.

Which brings me to a bigger point how when blacks and latins lead characters are criminals / murderer in the movie how they are always killed off in a violent manner as a moral lesson for their violent life style.

Yet somehow in movies where the white character lives a criminal / murderer life style often times there is no moral lesson with them being killed. They get to live at the end of the movie, run away and escape or live a long life.

I guess black and Latin characters who are criminals or murderers and living at the end of the movie is a little too much for society to stomach.

Godfather should've been known as Vito's Curse or Sins of The Father because everything he did from his days in Sicily to present day then completely destroyed his family like cancer over 20 years....

Sonny: Murdered on a bridge

Connie: Beat down by her husband, joined the family business and went from innocence to corruption in a few short years

Fredo:Betrayed the fam becoming a snitch which made Michael have to commit the ultimate sin...

Michael: Once the prodigal son who went another way by joining the army only to have to come back and save the fam...But Vito's death left a void nobody else but he could fill which passed that curse over to him :wow:

Last edited: