Scarface is the most overrated movie of all time

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
All day lmao

Lesson number 1...Don't underestimate the OTHER guy's greed

This town is like a great big p*ssy waiting to be fukked

First time that I saw scarface on was on network tv and for years I thought that line was

This town is like a great big chicken... Waiting to get plucked

:snoop:

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
who would of ever thought the goat movie scarface would turn a redneck hick into scarface jr

he even had the fake accent down and probably dyed his chest hairs as well

along with his eyebrows

Scott Hall is a redneck?? From where lmao

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Scott Hall is a redneck?? From where lmao

hqdefault.jpg

:lolbron:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
who would of ever thought the goat movie scarface would turn a redneck hick into scarface jr

he even had the fake accent down and probably dyed his chest hairs as well

along with his eyebrows
shyt man you can't bring these moments back man ..too much gold!!!!

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
It's not the actual movie that makes it a classic it's Al performance that does it. He's got so many quotables that have been used for decades and will continue to be used in the future.

/Thread.

Hardly anybody watches Scarface for what the fukk went on in it the SECOND time around. :wow:
To this day, I still got to hit people with the :dahell:"The fukk you think we/I am/are? Baggage Handlers?" whenever they try and stiff you on transactions of any sort. Like the Big Lebowski, it became a cult classic way after it's theatre run and got ran into the ground by everyone wanting to jump on the bandwagon....but that don't make it any less entertaining than it really is to most. I do agree though, It's overhyped and in a sense overrated.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
audience wise anyway
Critics panned that shyt when it came out called it a snooze fest

Outside of the hip hop community I don't here too many people bragging about it
shyt has an 8.3 on IMDb which is known to be filled with CACs.

They have released it, rereleased it, remastered it, and thought about doing 2 remakes to it. You think they gonna spend that based on hip hop?

Nobody said its Macbeth. It's a good movie about drug hustling in Miami out the 80s. Cocaine cowboy type shyt that was going on in the time.

How exactly is it overrated when nobody has rated it as anything else besides that?

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I feel you. It didn't blow my mind.

But it does have classic moments and by virtue of rap became a cult classic. So many of my fav bars referencing it helps :myman:
Had to turn away when Tony killed Manolo...

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
dikkhead, I was typing up a post to touch on this topic specifically. It is what a lot of people are overlooking. Their complaints are legitimate they are the same complaints shared by many well respected critics. What people need to understand is that Scarface has become a cult classic over the years, the characters and the idea of the film is what generated the fan base around it. And yes, hiphop played a big part in that.

edit: There are a ton of cult classics you can pick apart, it doesn't matter because they will still be cult classics. Best example is Fight Club, that film was absolutely overrated if you pick it apart but the characters, the idea, and the subliminals is what made a large amount of people obsessed with it, even critics.
I rewatched it because I have it on DVD and I don't get why I liked it so much at first. I guess the TV version cut a lot of the movie. In regards to FC.