Saw "Sounds of Freedom" movie (minor spoilers/get free tickets)

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Yeah I guess my issue is that of all the sex trafficking stories to tell, the focus of this story is suspect. There's so much sex trafficking going on IN America by Americans, White Americans, and this is the one story they decide to fund. It's also weird that with all of the sex scandals happening within several churches, that a movie concerned with sexual abuse and trafficking isn't turning a light there.

They actually talk about that in the movie, a lot of the pedos portrayed are white males. The movie literally ends by saying America/Americans are the largest market for all of this kind of shyt :yeshrug:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I went and watched the movie this weekend the movie was fukking packed.

I'm not here to talk about the right or left or the propaganda that the movie supposedly portrays. I went in with a clear slate and came away with knowledge of human/child/sex trafficking.

I think the story was told well and I honestly enjoyed the movie. nikkas might try and talk crazy to me but again i didn't go in with the politics surrounding this movie
You came away with a fictionalized interpretation of trafficking that does more harm than good to the actual cause. These people are making things worse for actual victims. And the man/group this film is based on has a very shady history.

[INTERVIEW RECORDING] WILLIAM: So he says, “Gentlemen, we're all red blooded American males. We're visual creatures. So at any time you may feel tempted to do something with one of the women you need to tell us so we can get you out of there. Many men have come before and told me they feel tempted and then I respect them so much for it.”

DUHAIME-ROSS: All right. So, OUR is telling these recruits, who are there to help victims of sex trafficking...that it is possible they might feel attracted, to these women and children that they are supposedly saving?

TIM MARCHMAN: Exactly. Yeah. William's saying that according to this trainer for OUR, that there's a history of OUR volunteers going on these raids saying that they're tempted by, you know, women who are survivors of sex trafficking who they're supposed to be saving or rescuing. We asked OUR about this and the other claims William made and they did not respond.

[INTERVIEW RECORDING] WILLIAM: It was such a jarring and shocking thing to hear from the people who were supposed to be rescuing victims that, “Oh, by the way, as an operative, you might exploit one of the victims.” I couldn't even wrap my head around it at the time.

[MUSIC FADES]

DUHAIME-ROSS:
I got to say, all of this really gives me the creeps. I also really don't like the term “tempted by” because that always makes me feel like it's actually the victim's fault, which iT’S clearly not.

TIM MARCHMAN: Right.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Do we forget the art and focus on actors that we don't like. And criticize movies that way?
The Same type of argument cacs make in reference to the confederate flag, "heritage not racism" or some stupid shyt

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Do we forget the art and focus on actors that we don't like. And criticize movies that way?
i'll never support a looney fukkin Trump Q moron ever again. one of the best parts of this bullshyt era we live in is just how few people i liked disappointed me. Kanye went off the rails, but he was always a fukkin nutjob. I liked a couple Russell Brand movies, now he's a dipshyt. couldn't care less. but other than that, no one has really pissed me off by joining the cult.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I listen to R Kelly still because his music is dope to me regardless of what he was convicted of, is this wrong? @Let Me Repeat @Conz
Everything about this is rotten, from the actors to the writers, to the people this is based on. It's all fictionalized bullshyt designed to push some Rambo fantasy and to dupe gullible idiots who believe wayfair and adrenochrome conspiracy theories..

Contrary to what is shown in this film, most child trafficking victims know and trust their traffickers. They are not kidnapped by shadowy strangers off street corners. A Baylor University study found that less than 10% of child trafficking cases involved kidnapping.

By highlighting false narratives and reinforcing inaccurate stereotypes, we condition ourselves to be on high alert for things like windowless vans, failing to notice actual signs of exploitation. In doing so, we may miss the economically and socially vulnerable young person lured into trafficking by offers of meals, gifts, shelter or simple companionship.

Moreover, while movies like this heighten our anxiety about perceived threats to children in public spaces, we may unwittingly ignore the online dangers young people face.

In addition to problematic depictions of child trafficking, it is also troubling how "Sound of Freedom" glorifies rescue missions, disregarding decades of research and experience showing that international sting operations are dangerous, sometimes illegal, often unethical, and fail to dismantle or discourage human trafficking. While rescues and raids make for an action-packed movie, they are far from the preferred response to any kind of human trafficking.

I understand misleading on trafficking can benefit people like you and Tim Ballard, but that comes at the expense of actual real victims.

The QAnon conspiracy is fake. The harm it’s doing to child welfare groups is real.
How the viral Wayfair sex trafficking lie hurt real kids.

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
yeah, some friend of mine was talking about this, wants me to go see it with him, and I was just trying to explain how human/sex trafficking works,

it's not like Taken

interesting that both rape/sex trafficking are characterized as being by strangers and maniacs, and vast conspiracies, when it's usually the people in your own life.

Sex trafficking in San Diego is common, and runaways are victimized, but not like abducted from well to do families. It's mostly interconnected crews and groups of people from middle school and high school.

it is a Rambo fantasy, exactly the way I would put it. The idea that Mexican organized crime does this is laughable. The huma trafficking is real, and it's MIGRANT smuggling. People PAY THEM like 15k a person to cross. Compare that profit to whatever the movie is selling, in terms of business model. Elaborate schemes and hidden forttresses. All the while, you have people actively trying to find you.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
no one denies sex trafficking is a thing or a problem, republican dipshyts know that any mention of kids will be such a hot button issue that they can push it as the biggest problem facing us right now. nevermind all the bigger problems, do you know where your kids are?! they don't actually give a flying fukk about your kids.

"gays are all pedos. actors are all pedos. your kid can't get shot, but you better believe they can get sex trafficked at Target." and the fukkin moron cult hears that and think they have to become Liam Neeson and save the children. that gay couple adopted a child? we have to save him/her!

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Don’t know who he is but Why is he pretending like 99% of hollyweird is lit batshyt insane and only this movie has crazy actor? Bet he like all the movies Weinstein was a part of or Tom cruise

Yeah that's the problem with the discourse on these topics. Both sides have extremely batshyt crazy polarizing people and you have to decide for yourself where the truth lies. Like even in his reasons for not supporting, I'm sitting here like, "fukk all that... what about the child trafficking?"

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps

Here's a real source:

One of thousands of patrons of the crowdfunded anti-child trafficking film Sound of Freedom was recently arrested and charged for child kidnapping, according to a court filing and social media posts.

This is what I mean by you can't just trust what you read from either side. Dude is basically someone who contributed on Kickstarter but they're acting like he was a major funder of this movie. :dead:

I haven't seen this movie btw. Nor am I a republican.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Everything about this is rotten, from the actors to the writers, to the people this is based on. It's all fictionalized bullshyt designed to push some Rambo fantasy and to dupe gullible idiots who believe wayfair and adrenochrome conspiracy theories..

I understand misleading on trafficking can benefit people like you and Tim Ballard, but that comes at the expense of actual real victims.

The QAnon conspiracy is fake. The harm it’s doing to child welfare groups is real.
How the viral Wayfair sex trafficking lie hurt real kids.

You are preaching to a dude that believes every retarded conspiracy and often echo the far right. Why you think this was on his radar?