Saw "Sounds of Freedom" movie (minor spoilers/get free tickets)

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
I knew it. Empty theaters. Also who buys all of the bad seats in the theater first?

I went to see this movie, and it was actually sold out and people were in the damn front row. Outside of Dark Knight Rises and Endgame I've never seen that shyt. So idk :lupe:

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
The weird part is that the seats in some of the examples showed that all of the bad seats were bought. This makes me think the theaters were taking orders for tickets say from churches to give out to other people but getting the worst seats in the theater.
I have a hard time believing that an actual theater chain coming out of near bankruptcy can afford to be holier than though and turn away good people from coming in an buying their expensive popcorn.
I don't know but I don't remember ever seeing any movie of substance where there were actively places giving away free tickets.
Well maybe back when Moviepass was still doing business and was effectively giving away money.

So at the end of the move, the main actor comes out and talks about how they had trouble getting funded/support for the film and they don't have the budget for marketing and are relying on word of mouth. They throw a QR code up on the screen and he asks the crowd to donate to buy tickets for others that may not have the funds to watch otherwise. All under the guise that child trafficking is a growing problem and it can't be ignored. A few people actually looked like they did so.

I don't know how these funds are utilized to buy tickets, but I can see them being used to "fill up" theaters. They may be bull shytting about the roadblocks/story they had to bring this movie out, but using it as a marketing angle is genius :whoo:

Last edited:

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
Decent time killer for being a free movie (yea I signed up for seats as well). Didn’t completely come off as a “faith based” flick. Could’ve easily marketed it in a different way (action-survivalist movie?) and got more of an audience.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Funny how 45 is all for this movie yet was the one locking kids in cages, leaving them all to get sexually assaulted and sending them all back to the very environment child trafficking flourishes :heh: Then the core audience this film is aimed at cheered on his whore wife with her "i really don't care" jacket

Last edited: