Saw "Sounds of Freedom" movie (minor spoilers/get free tickets)

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

First let me say, do your own research as far as seeing this or not. I will tell you this though. Some of the critiques of the movies are about the real life person and organization. Not what is in the actual movie.

Positive: Cinemetography. The camera angles in this are very dope. They really shoot it in a way where you're looking at this from a child's perspective.
Acting: There no bad acting in this. Not even the kids and as you probably know that's not easy. Yes, Jim is good but the best actor in here is Bill Camp. I'm not familiar with his work but he's dope.

Faith based- I've seen plenty of faith based, gospel movies. But to me this ain't one of them. It's cussing, drinking, smoking. The main character says God but this movie is not going over the top to evangelize. If the main character is a Christian in real life, I couldn't tell from this film explicitly like that.

Negative:
Too long: No reason for this to be long. I get they tried to build a "origin" story but they could cut all that out. If they had started with his rescue mission I would have been fine.

Subject matter: They don't show kids getting molested. But it's implied alot. That ain't something you just want to see unless you a weirdo. cinematography helps because the way they tell the story. You get it without it being explicit.

Bottom line: The rescue stuff is nice. It's not overbearing with "I'm a patriot, I'm doing this for my country." The focus is on these kids getting raped and kidnapped. And not just some "Catch a Predator" type stuff. I'd give a a B-. If this was shorter, I'd give it a B. But hey, a free ticket. Can't be mad.

Last edited:
Daps
I figured this was happening. I kept hearing about this movie selling big but had not seen a single ad anywhere.Then I checked some random showings fo Thursday night near me and they were almost all sold out. I was looking on Wednesday the day before. Also the same theaters were showing Mission Impossible and there were plenty of seats left for it and I figured out that some group/groups were buying up large groups of seats and giving away tickets.
I wonder how many of these showings are actually full.....

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I figured this was happening. I kept hearing about this movie selling big but had not seen a single ad anywhere.Then I checked some random showings fo Thursday night near me and they were almost all sold out. I was looking on Wednesday the day before. Also the same theaters were showing Mission Impossible and there were plenty of seats left for it and I figured out that some group/groups were buying up large groups of seats and giving away tickets.
I wonder how many of these showings are actually full.....
none :mjlol:

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I’m out the loop with this flick. What’s the controversy regarding it? Is it exposing the epsteins of the world and the sick politicians that participate in this demonic shyt?

valet

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I’m out the loop with this flick. What’s the controversy regarding it? Is it exposing the epsteins of the world and the sick politicians that participate in this demonic shyt?
The movie is based on a true story. Critics claim the stories are ducktales and based on Qunon theory. Human trafficking in their view ain't as bad statistically as the movie claims. Also, doing my research Trump used him as a advisor for human trafficking during his admin. So anybody associated with Trump is going to be a lighting rod.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Jim Caviezel dude from Passion of the Christ is in this flick and he's now a qanon nut job so his rantings have played a part in putting a cloud over it.

Daps
I knew it. Empty theaters. Also who buys all of the bad seats in the theater first?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Confession

I thought this was a new Saw about torturing right wing extremists.

:unimpressed:

valet

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I knew it. Empty theaters. Also who buys all of the bad seats in the theater first?

Well according to the article, the other side is claiming nobody bought those seat. Amc is lying to lomit people in the theatre. This is some weird stuff whatever side you take.

Daps
The weird part is that the seats in some of the examples showed that all of the bad seats were bought. This makes me think the theaters were taking orders for tickets say from churches to give out to other people but getting the worst seats in the theater.
I have a hard time believing that an actual theater chain coming out of near bankruptcy can afford to be holier than though and turn away good people from coming in an buying their expensive popcorn.
I don't know but I don't remember ever seeing any movie of substance where there were actively places giving away free tickets.
Well maybe back when Moviepass was still doing business and was effectively giving away money.