FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
yes she is. For anyone who has netflix they should check out Winters Bone. Dope movie. It has a 94% on Rotten Tomatoes.

WINTER'S BONE - Official US Theatrical Trailer in HD - YouTube

I's also recommend watching The Poker House.. that's her best performance so far IMO. She plays a teenager raising her 2 sisters in the hood in the 70's or 80's her mom is an coke head/alcoholic (played by Selma Blair) who's constantly throwing parties in their house. Movie is based on actress Lori Petties teenage years.. shyt is a little depressing tho. It also has Hit Girl in one of her first roles.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Finally got a chance to see this....didn't love it as much as I wanted to.

Absolutely LOVED the performances from Cooper and Lawrence. Both were exceptional. Best duo performance of the year imo.

I didn't like where the screenplay went though. I didn't like or enjoy DeNiro's character at all. The whole gambling on the dance thing was dumb as shyt...nevermind the idea of a bookie just giving people 10 points because of superstitious nonsense. He would be homeless if that were how he handled his business. Nothing before his "breakdown" and opening up to his son made me care about that scene at all. He was generally just a shytty, selfish person....

Very good film, but absolutely carried by the performances.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Depends on how he annoys you.

He has the majority of camera time....but he's pretty damn great.

ADLT

make u feel sum type a wave
Daps
Reppin
choom gang
i'll probably check it out off the strength of david o russell

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
J. Law :whew:

I liked it myself, though I admit I only went and saw it cause I saw Chris Tucker was in it. That hispanic dancer at the competition :whoo:

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Finally got a chance to see this....didn't love it as much as I wanted to.

Absolutely LOVED the performances from Cooper and Lawrence. Both were exceptional. Best duo performance of the year imo.

I didn't like where the screenplay went though. I didn't like or enjoy DeNiro's character at all. The whole gambling on the dance thing was dumb as shyt...nevermind the idea of a bookie just giving people 10 points because of superstitious nonsense. He would be homeless if that were how he handled his business. Nothing before his "breakdown" and opening up to his son made me care about that scene at all. He was generally just a shytty, selfish person....

Very good film, but absolutely carried by the performances.

that gambling parlay 2 bullshyt was one of the dumbest things i ever seen in movie history.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Very good movie, but agree with HHR, in that it's carried by the performances, though carried may be too strong, the direction, is for the most, very well done. Some odd shots, but besides that, I thought the first 45 min or so were the strongest, some where right when they get to the dance rehearsal/performance, it fell of the track a little, and became a little too contrived, too cute, and lacked the feel of the earlier part of the movie.

Which, while not perfect, was strong, and believable, mostly. De Niro was good, best performance in awhile, but it's not great, he's just doing a decent role for once. Some genuine, small funny moments, and a lot of great supporting roles. However, Chris Tucker....I am a little taken aback, he was good, but, does the black character need an obligatory 'black dancing' scene? I kinda stay out of the race issue in movies, but I felt something during that scene. Lawerence is gorgeous, and I loved her performance, but felt they lacked a real period of falling for each other, and the mental health stuff was so convenient sometimes, also, at the end, where are there lives headed? Jobs, money, stuff like that? Was all cast aside. She seemed a little young too, but every girl loves Cooper anyway, so I can suspend disbelief.

tr2k

All Star
Daps
Very good movie, but agree with HHR, in that it's carried by the performances, though carried may be too strong, the direction, is for the most, very well done. Some odd shots, but besides that, I thought the first 45 min or so were the strongest, some where right when they get to the dance rehearsal/performance, it fell of the track a little, and became a little too contrived, too cute, and lacked the feel of the earlier part of the movie.

Which, while not perfect, was strong, and believable, mostly. De Niro was good, best performance in awhile, but it's not great, he's just doing a decent role for once. Some genuine, small funny moments, and a lot of great supporting roles. However, Chris Tucker....I am a little taken aback, he was good, but, does the black character need an obligatory 'black dancing' scene? I kinda stay out of the race issue in movies, but I felt something during that scene. Lawerence is gorgeous, and I loved her performance, but felt they lacked a real period of falling for each other, and the mental health stuff was so convenient sometimes, also, at the end, where are there lives headed? Jobs, money, stuff like that? Was all cast aside. She seemed a little young too, but every girl loves Cooper anyway, so I can suspend disbelief.
It was probably Chris's idea, he likes dancing

MJX

#patsnation
Daps
Anyone got a link for this yet? Screeners should definitely be out there by now...

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Saw it tonight. :whoo:

Jennifer Lawrence is a chick I never thought was that hot, but in this movie :noah:

She was great acting too. :wow:
Could get an Oscar nom, imo.

Really good comedy. Funny as hell and its emotional without overdoing it, imo.

One of my movies of the year.

Chris Tucker was good too :jawalrus:

Cosign, one of my favorite movies this year:obama: