Saw Silver Linings Playbook

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Probably the most overrated film of last years Oscar season...When I heard they were tackling mental illness I expected something much more dark and nuanced.. Sh1t basically turned into a Rom-Com half way through the film and the ending was some unrealistic sugary horse sh1t...

It was good to see Deniro spazz again and Chris Tucker was good in an understated small role.. But other than that I have no use for this movie going forward... Bradley Cooper isn't an elite character actor and the dialogue and plot was weak...

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Probably the most overrated film of last years Oscar season...When I heard they were tackling mental illness I expected something much more dark and nuanced.. Sh1t basically turned into a Rom-Com half way through the film and the ending was some unrealistic sugary horse sh1t...

It was good to see Deniro spazz again and Chris Tucker was good in an understated small role.. But other than that I have no use for this movie going forward... Bradley Cooper isn't an elite character actor and the dialogue and plot was weak...

I don't know why you expected it to be a Dark & nuanced movie. The movie has ALWAYS been promoted as a Romantic Dramedy in the media, Trailers/TV Spots and during awards season. Even if you factored in the mental illness plot, the most you could expect was a Romantic Dark Comedy-drama because of how the film was promoted. If you expected more than that, than you set yourself up for disappointment.

As far as the film being a Romantic Dramedy, I rate the movie no lower than a 4 out of 5. It was definitely a very good film.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
I don't know why you expected it to be a Dark & nuanced movie. The movie has ALWAYS been promoted as a Romantic Dramedy in the media, Trailers/TV Spots and during awards season. Even if you factored in the mental illness plot, the most you could expect was a Romantic Dark Comedy-drama because of how the film was promoted. If you expected more than that, than you set yourself up for disappointment.

As far as the film being a Romantic Dramedy, I rate the movie no lower than a 4 out of 5. It was definitely a very good film.

I guess I didn't play attention to the promotion because I mos def felt let down.. If I knew it was just a dark rom com going in I probably would have felt different...My context was Deniro crying in interviews about mental illness and people talking about how heart wrenching the performances were..

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Good comedy. Made me laugh. Some people looking too deep into this movie instead of seeing it for what it is IMO which is a comedy. And it did a good job of delivering laughs. Good movie.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
We finally watched this. Great film. I was surprised as hell with Bradley Cooper. I always liked the guy but no way did I think he had this kind of ability. He was very good. What could I say about Jennifer Lawrence. She's untouchable at this point. She's so talented (and hot as fukk).

De Niro was surprising too. He's been mailing it in for a while. The old GOAT gave us a good performance here. the Eagles subplot was hilarious.

9/10

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
We finally watched this. Great film. I was surprised as hell with Bradley Cooper. I always liked the guy but no way did I think he had this kind of ability. He was very good. What could I say about Jennifer Lawrence. She's untouchable at this point. She's so talented (and hot as fukk).

De Niro was surprising too. He's been mailing it in for a while. The old GOAT gave us a good performance here. the Eagles subplot was hilarious.

9/10

I think bradley cooper and deniro have chemistry. this is their 2nd movie together, and they have a third coming out at the end of the year.

Fckumeen

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Over There...
Amazing movie that I really enjoyed. Cooper and Lawrence were fantastic. My boy Chris did his thing too.

Also I may be in the minority but I was actually more impressed with Cooper's performance in the movie. Thought he was more believable and carried it for the most part. That doesn't take anything away from fine ass JLaw though.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Amazing movie that I really enjoyed. Cooper and Lawrence were fantastic. My boy Chris did his thing too.

Also I may be in the minority but I was actually more impressed with Cooper's performance in the movie. Thought he was more believable and carried it for the most part. That doesn't take anything away from fine ass JLaw though.

I agree breh, Cooper was really good. I think a lot of these dudes are thinking with their dikk with the J Lawrence praise lol.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Just finished watching it. Dope movie

The diner scene when Bradley is asking her about her sexual history had me cracking up

"we dont have to talk about it"

"thanks"

"how many were there?"

"11"

"wow :hmm:"