Saw "Fury" movie is beyond sick

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It was a good movie, it depicted war very raw and uncompromising which I liked, but the final battle should never lasted as long as it did.

A broken down tank would get flanked within minutes, especially by a group of 300+ soldiers. The idea that these guys could hold them off for hours, get out of the tank to get more ammo and fight for another couple hours is absolutely ridiculous.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Meh. It had it's moments....but the last 30 minutes was like something from an entirely different movie. Capped off by that bullshyt ass ending.

And it was nice of them to treat rape so gently :mjlol:
You thought they treated rape gently? I thought the rape undertones were one of the most disturbing parts. The fact that the characters in the movie didn't give a shyt doesn't mean the audience isn't supposed to. That was basically the theme of the entire movie.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
You thought they treated rape gently? I thought the rape undertones were one of the most disturbing parts. The fact that the characters in the movie didn't give a shyt doesn't mean the audience isn't supposed to. That was basically the theme of the entire movie.

They made the women seem absurdly willing imo.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Outlaw Vern made some pretty good comments on that shyt in his review in the way it represents how the soldiers look at it.

The other crew members do their best to bully, torment and threaten the kid, and try to guilt him for not having suffered through as many horrors as they have so far. They’re such yahoos they come across like post-apocalypse punks or Texas Chain Saw family members. In fact the big tour-de-force character scene strangely reminded me of the classic TEXAS CHAIN SAW dinner scene. Two German women sit terrified at their own table forced to endure a hateful meal while the soldiers fight over one of the girls.

Pitt sort of becomes the good guy in this scene, protecting the girl (whose boldly colored dress makes her pop off of the mostly grey and faded green screen like she’s from a different world). But earlier he was the one who barged into this woman’s apartment and decided that the kid would hook up with her cousin, who he found hidden under the bed.

The implication is that they worry the girl is too pretty for these American pillagers not to try to rape her. Which turns out to be true. They’re marching around the village trying on people’s clothes, taking people’s food, grabbing terrified women like they’re auditioning to be in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. They walk on the rubble and joke around, showing nothing close to a sign of sympathy for the innocent conquered locals.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
This movie really could've been dope but honestly it made me hate Ayer more than anything else. I can't believe he had so many great actors, acting VERY well, and he still found a way to hamfist some stupid wimpy kid comeup story while you have half a dozen quality storylines and angles to run to run with. Centering the movie around Norman belittled everything else going on. And the last battle scene didn't even work with the rest of the movie.

"The Machine"? Really?

Don't fall for the hype. This isn't touching any of the other great war movies out there in any way at all.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
This movie really could've been dope but honestly it made me hate Ayer more than anything else. I can't believe he had so many great actors, acting VERY well, and he still found a way to hamfist some stupid wimpy kid comeup story while you have half a dozen quality storylines and angles to run to run with. Centering the movie around Norman belittled everything else going on. And the last battle scene didn't even work with the rest of the movie.

"The Machine"? Really?

Don't fall for the hype. This isn't touching any of the other great war movies out there in any way at all.
the nickname was meant to be sarcastic :manny:

agree with the rest of your post, though. They also never really made Norman's decision to stay make sense. Why the 180 all of the sudden? Cuz the German thot got killed? wasn't enough....

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
movies about slaughtering Nazis tend to be a hit with the people :ehh: