Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
dame11.jpg
xLKy1XQ.gif

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
dude is smart, copyrighted this shyt ASAP
'I'm Going to Get Paid': Durell Smylie on the Rise of 'Where the Money Reside'

“I actually had Taraji P. Henson, Niecy Nash, Big Boy, [and] Ricky Smiley [reach out],” he said. “BET [posted] me. I'm just hoping that they can put me somewhere and we can all do something. Work together. All these people that are posting me, I want to meet all of them. I want to be at BET headquarters. I just want to work with everybody, so if the opportunity prevails, I will take it. I would love to work with Fashion Nova, BET, Netflix, those kind people.”

Durell also spoke on a surreal interaction he had with a cast member of Starz's P-Valley. “I've even spoken with Nicco (Annan), who plays Uncle Clifford on P-Valley, and Katori Hall, who writes it and orchestrates P-Valley,” he said. “Shout out to all of them. Basically, it was just us showing a bunch of love to each other. I didn't really speak on it. I was very nervous to speak to them.”

“I always did enjoy social media. It can be a good place, but it can also be a bad place. Honestly, social media is what you choose to make of it. So as of now, I'm making the best of it, but it's the best for me,” he told Complex. “Prior to me becoming famous, it was basically the same. Now I'm just getting a lot more encouragement and positivity behind me now to support me through the rest of 2020 and probably 2021 as well. It makes me feel like there's an opportunity for me to do whatever I want at this point. I have such a big following, I can do anything and they're going to support it.”