Mother, son, and friends fired from Clinton Burger King after hiring goes viral via Nick Cannon.

ItsPeople

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I’m a trailblazer at my job, literally everyone knows or is related to people that work here.

In fact the application ask if you had a “referral” The managers will literally tell HR to put specific persons ahead of the line.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Im going to stay out of this , because I think everything shouldn't be posted on social media,,

She set her self up by going social media,,

The only way she could have pulled that off is by being a franchise owner imo,,

:whoa: And im not saying the weren’t on some mj shyt

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This is why you don’t post everything on social media. There are probably thousands of situations like this all across the country. People are going to hire their kids and their friends.
exactly.

shut the fukk up and get this bread.

stop clout chasing for likes

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps

THIS IS WHY WE HAVE
TO STOP POSTING shyt
ON THE INTERNET FOR CLOUT.

SOME HATER IS ALWAYS GONNA
SABOTAGE

:devil:
:evil:

dem likes are a drug fam. worse than crack nowadays.
People think i’m being hyperbolic when I say social media is just as damaging as crack was to us in 80s.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Hmmmm. Sincere gesture on her part but she was giving minors money and hour that a grown adult should’ve gotten. Of course the franchise owner wasn’t going for it.
sounds like they were looking for a reason to fire them to me.
She didn't post how much they were getting paid in the viral post.
So essentially what happened is they saw them going viral, didn't like it, and went searching for any excuse they could find to fire them.
Managed to discover that loophole(which she claims she wasn't informed about) and cut the cord on them.
Can't see any other reason they would risk the bad publicity over such a heart warming story when they could've simply told her to cut their wages back instead.

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
Or y’all could’ve been playing sports, video games, studying, ROTC… :ld:

I’m saying tho, judging from how the mom is moving, these are likely good kids. No way these kids are even in the streets like that.

Kids in my hood think working fast food is beneath them. Don’t want people seeing them work. Any kid humble enough to take that type of job is good in my book.

Funny enough, there’s nothing but teens working in my current area :mjpls:

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
shyt got me heated...

Tried to donate...but they closed the Gofundme.

They raised about 10K.

Really don't give a fukk about her posting shyt online. I'll rather have young men going out there showing determination out in the open.

It's just a job...it's temporary.

Hopefully they get enough money to start their own restaurant.

Mississippi Gotdamn for real...

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
I’m saying tho, judging from how the mom is moving, these are likely good kids. No way these kids are even in the streets like that.

Kids in my hood think working fast food is beneath them. Don’t want people seeing them work. Any kid humble enough to take that type of job is good in my book.

Funny enough, there’s nothing but teens working in my current area :mjpls:

The little Breh speaking reminded me of myself at 15.

You're right though...managers hire who they want.

It's that they don't want Black folks to get any ideas on how to use the white playbook.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps

THIS IS WHY WE HAVE
TO STOP POSTING shyt
ON THE INTERNET FOR CLOUT.

SOME HATER IS ALWAYS GONNA
SABOTAGE

:devil:
:evil:

/thread

People do it EVERYDAY. The difference is they don’t broadcast it on social media.

It was a positive story and we all were happy, but society at large doesn’t care that she hired some kids so that they could stay away from trouble.
They care that it looked like they got a “hookup” and got paid more than average.

She could’ve quietly hired a few more or referred them to other managers and no one would’ve cared because all corporate wants to see is that there are bodies in those restaurants.

It’s unfortunate but it’s a remind to not share every good piece of information online. Black folks need to teach the kids this stuff. Sad situation. Hopefully they can find employment elsewhere.