SAS & Windhorst go in on ASG & Adam Silver's NBA

SnugglesDaBear

Superstar
Daps
The go in on Adam Silver's NBA. Ex: selecting wack cities for the ASG, letting players show up to the ASG on Sunday when they used to have to show on Friday, players taking fans for granted, regular season apathy, excessive 3-pt shooting, etc. They make a lot of good points and warnings that fan interest is going to dip if Silver doesn't stop being so soft.

2:36

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Literally just finished watching this. People are gonna bury their head in the sand and point at social media but it’s truly a problem. Adam Silver is actively fukking up the NBA. He has a goal in mind but I think he’s way to one track minded and it’s gonna end up leaving the league in a tough spot.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Literally just finished watching this. People are gonna bury their head in the sand and point at social media but it’s truly a problem. Adam Silver is actively fukking up the NBA. He has a goal in mind but I think he’s way to one track minded and it’s gonna end up leaving the league in a tough spot.
fukked up for the fans but not the players and owners

They getting money

Unless the networks wake up you can’t really diss silver and I’m not sure they will

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
The league is in a weird space because we get on the same Internet everyday and say whatever we see doesn't matter or count unless it's in the playoffs.

Yet when people sit out regular season games that"don't matter" or don't try hard in exhibition games that "don't matter". The same people are upset they not seeing the effort.

It's either gonna be considered a competition or entertainment. It's not both anymore and it's never coming back.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The league is in a weird space because we get on the same Internet everyday and say whatever we see doesn't matter or count unless it's in the playoffs.

Yet when people sit out regular season games that"don't matter" or don't try hard in exhibition games that "don't matter". The same people are upset they not seeing the effort.

It's either gonna be considered a competition or entertainment. It's not both anymore and it's never coming back.

Like I was saying in the All-Star Weekend thread, NBA fans and media indirectly created this environment around the NBA with the obsession over rings and demeaning anything that didn’t result in a championship/Finals run

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
fukked up for the fans but not the players and owners

They getting money

Unless the networks wake up you can’t really diss silver and I’m not sure they will

DAVID STERN SET UP THE CURRENT
TV DEAL BEFORE HE RETIRED...

HOW IS ADAM SILVER GETTING
THE PLAYERS & OWNERS MONEY?

HE SIMPILY INHERITED A GREAT
POSITION AND HAS DONE HIS
BEST TO fukk IT UP.
:devil:
:evil:

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
Like I was saying in the All-Star Weekend thread, NBA fans and media indirectly created this environment around the NBA with the obsession over rings and demeaning anything that didn’t result in a championship/Finals run
Trash stanbases who do nothing but argue and trash media will never hold themselves accountable tho. Hope they enjoy the end result:wow:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia

You expect those who had a direct hand in the "ring culture" to acknowledge their hand in creating this environment :russ:

Everyone is Frankenstein trying to pretend they didn't create the monster.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

DAVID STERN SET UP THE CURRENT
TV DEAL BEFORE HE RETIRED...

HOW IS ADAM SILVER GETTING
THE PLAYERS & OWNERS MONEY?

HE SIMPILY INHERITED A GREAT
POSITION AND HAS DONE HIS
BEST TO fukk IT UP.
:devil:
:evil:

Disregard what I said then

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I rarely watch games anymore and didnt watch All Star Weekend, and I dont feel any FOMO over it. The league has gotten boring to me. The regular season just has such little value, and Im sure when I tune in for some playoff games 60% of them will be blowouts. I just dont care anymore and Im so happy to be spending time, money & energy on better things.

You could say the Bulls being an embarrassment factors in, but they've been embarrassing for most of my adult life, so :manny: