Santo Domingo Dominican Republic. Share that trip knowledge.

Aprogressivone

Developers are the new Rockstars
Daps
Reppin
Prince George's, Maryland
I am going to Santo Domingo DR next month for a extended memorial day weekend trip. My hotel is in the colonial zone. For people that have been share the trip knowledge of where I should visit and things to do. I am not about that lifestyle of going down there and pay a working girl either. :demonic: I am not 100% ignorant on the spanish language either but I have a long way to go. I got the offline language pack downloaded on my phone for google translate app LMAO to assist. What are some good clubs, bar, lounges etc and stuff? I have this Dominican lady friend I met in DC who is originally from Santo Domingo. I used her friends list on facebook to start talking to local girls in Santo Domingo. I went a few degrees of seperation, like a friend of a friend of a friend of a friends list and just started messaging girls. I'm using my horrible speaking skills in spanish and google translate but its working so far. :jawalrus: Trying to have a few "tour guides show me around". Tell em this Yo no soy un hombre de miedo. Sólo soy un chico americano negro mirando para divertirse. Funny icebreaker and they are like wanting to meet me hahaha.

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
that's wassup. Never been, but that's the way to do it - get some local conects online first.
I'd join the DR PoF network too. :mjpls:

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
First off man...dont go rocking ANY TYPE OF JEWELRY AT ALL..because i swear to you..nikka WILL ROB YOU..str8 up.

DONT RIDE MOTORCYCLES...especially thru places that are full of trees or isolated places..because usually what they do is bring a long thin rope,and hold it from both sides of the road and knock you off your bike...they WILL leave you dead without a fukk given..

dont go flossing unless u got a secuity team..SERIOUSLY

Jahmal

HARD ON ATL HOES
Daps
from the dominican dude i work with said the same thing UPTOWN WAYO said..

heard the women are top-notch, but alot of hookers

80% of the pretty women you see on the streets are hookers. bring a lot of Cash

:blessed:

Aprogressivone

Daps
Reppin
When you go there call everyone a mamaguebo, its means good luck in spanish. Dominicans are big on good luck (religious reasons)

You: Hello mamaguebo :salute:

Dominican man: :gladbron: goo luc chu you back my fwein

LOL
Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
First off man...dont go rocking ANY TYPE OF JEWELRY AT ALL..because i swear to you..nikka WILL ROB YOU..str8 up.

DONT RIDE MOTORCYCLES...especially thru places that are full of trees or isolated places..because usually what they do is bring a long thin rope,and hold it from both sides of the road and knock you off your bike...they WILL leave you dead without a fukk given..

dont go flossing unless u got a secuity team..SERIOUSLY

This + be cool with the hotel staff. Tip them well but don't floss show money around.
Get the phone number and address for the american embassy in case you lose your documents.

make copies of all your documents/id.

Use the copies as id or an old license. Keep your originals plus your cash in a safe and only bring with you Pesos. And only what you gonna spend that day.

If You in the middle of the capital watch where you going one wrong turn and you in San Carlos :merchant: so be careful when you cross Avenida Mexico.

No Iphone, androids, even blackberry (is still popular overthere :russ:) just use and old razr. no jordans, nor foams or air maxes or you will get jacked. Rock chucks or vans.

And even fitted's will get you jacked d Dominicans go :demonic: for baseball gear.
I usually Cop a bunch of Hanes, champion, or even Gap/Old Navy white Tees/Tanks and Rock a Bucket Hat for the Sun. Also another Pro Tip Careful with the water you buy on the street, but your water in Bulk at the Supermarket. Go to Big Stores like Jumbo/La Sirena. Drink Plenty of Coconut water they sell them plenty on the street (its a Great Chaser :ohlawd: ) But Remember this with everything on the street NO ICE, MF's will either have ICE from UNFILTERED WATER, or HAVE Filtered Ice But Serve It with their BARE HANDS with they SWEAT dripping into it, That's how you Catch a number of stomach diseases like AMEOBA that will fukk you up and Ruin your trip.

Last edited:

Aprogressivone

Daps
Reppin
Araña;4028556 said:
This + be cool with the hotel staff. Tip them well
No Iphone, androids, even blackberry (is still popular overthere :russ:) just use and old razr. no jordans, nor foams or air maxes or you will get jacked. Rock chucks or vans.

And even fitted's will get you jacked dominicans go :demonic: for baseball gear.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! I have a old school android phone laying around. The original google phone G1. About to just use that for my translate app and not my new phone. If you look at my thread history I went to Mexico in March.... I got my phone pick pocketed.....:damn: I learned my lesson.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
LMAO!!!!!!!!!! I have a old school android phone laying around. The original google phone G1. About to just use that for my translate app and not my new phone. If you look at my thread history I went to Mexico in March.... I got my phone pick pocketed.....:damn: I learned my lesson.

Ahhh so yo are already initiated by the mexican goons. :salute:

Also if you meet some mamis 99% chance if u got basic communication skills. Don't bring them to your room. Slide the front desk clerk 20 dollars so you can smash in a diff room or to a recommend a motel nearby they got tons in the colonial zone.

But the Cabañas by the Caribbean sea (the east side of town) :ohlawd:.

I always kidnap my jumpoff from HS my last few days. she only got one kid and recently divorced(was still hitting it when she was married:shaq:) still looks great :noah:

Last edited:

Aprogressivone

Daps
Reppin
I am on my trip out here in Santo Domingo right now Brehs!!!!!!! :lawd: :wow::ohlawd: Outchea!!!!!!!! I will post pics and video in a day or so. The dominicanas out here... Im soooo mad I have been faking on learning to speak spanish better. Out here sounding like a toddler to these girls haha but whatever. Yesterday was mothers day in DR and im like why the moms gotta be sooooooooooo bad. Had me in the restaurant seeing them walking with their kids, im like :leon: :whew: why the ass so fat? Ill be the step daddy LMAO. Ave. Venezuela.... Nothing but sexy brown and black girls up in the club. Club Wao.... They had a twerk contest over dembow/reggaeton beats.... Posting pictures later and videos later as long as my phone is not fukked. Flashing red light like it wont charge currently.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I am on my trip out here in Santo Domingo right now Brehs!!!!!!! :lawd: :wow::ohlawd: Outchea!!!!!!!! I will post pics and video in a day or so. The dominicanas out here... Im soooo mad I have been faking on learning to speak spanish better. Out here sounding like a toddler to these girls haha but whatever. Yesterday was mothers day in DR and im like why the moms gotta be sooooooooooo bad. Had me in the restaurant seeing them walking with their kids, im like :leon: :whew: why the ass so fat? Ill be the step daddy LMAO. Ave. Venezuela.... Nothing but sexy brown and black girls up in the club. Club Wao.... They had a twerk contest over dembow/reggaeton beats.... Posting pictures later and videos later as long as my phone is not fukked. Flashing red light like it wont charge currently.

:( just to think last week this time I was in the DR, but I didn't get a chance to visit the capital.

Punta Cana has some of the baddest broads I've seen in my life. :lawd:

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if you're still there on sunday go up to the ruins of monasterio san francisco, they have a free salsa concert every weekend which is great.

and since you're staying at the colonial zone, go to bio http://www.zonacolonial.com/goingout/bio there are a lot of cool places in zona coloniall to check out which you can find here http://www.zonacolonial.com/goingout

if you want to see something really cool go here http://www.elmesondelacava.com/newindex.html?p=quienes-somos.html it's a bit upscale and touristy, but still nice. there is a club next door to which is also in a cave. and don't forget to go to the beaches, i'd prefer juan dolio over boca chica, too many prostitutes over there.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I'll be in Sosua later this year. Is it really that unsafe? My big homie said it's nothing to fear as long as you got common sense. That's usually been my experience with foreign countries anyway. Most folks are nice and I'm no sucker so most of the shady folks stay away.

Sent from Cloud City via Lando Calrissian's courier