Sanaa Lathan:"I dont really deal with emotional nikkas" EDIT: CONFIRMED Dating French Montana :umad:

Raptor

All Star
Daps
Reppin
World
Listen to feminists and think women are over gender steriotypes Brehs. Western women are only against gender sterioptypes/roles when It applies to them. They are more than happy to expect men to fulfil male gender roles and stereotypes. Women are allowed to explore and grow as emotional beings whilst men are still expected to conform rigid behavioural patterns and be stunted as a human or else "he ain't a real man".

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
men don't want a manly ass woman, women don't want a feminine ass man :yeshrug:
sucks that being emotional is seen as feminine
it's crazy how we say some shyt to put others down and it ends up fukking us all over :wow:

Tupac in a Business Suit for you :lolbron:

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
I didn't listen to the song but are dudes really mad that a woman doesn't want an emotional man :wtf:

There's a difference between having emotions and being an "emotional" ass dude. shyt, Coli insult Level 1 is to tell a dude he's being emotional and throwing a :umad: smiley so y'all aren't being honest right now.

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun
:dahell:

‘The Perfect Guy’ Actress Sanaa Lathan Disses ‘Emotional’ Men on Singing Debut
62f02682580a74af10e3f14e5b815baa1bb504b0.png.cf.jpg

Billy Johnson Jr.
Senior Editor
Yahoo Music
September 12, 2015
Over the past 15 years, Sanaa Lathan has been an in-demand actress, co-starring in several urban dramas – The Best Man Wedding, Love & Basketball, and Brown Sugar. As she unveils her latest film, The Perfect Guy, this weekend, she also reveals that she is also a talented singer.

On Friday, she released a song “Emotional,” produced by Detail, who also helmed Beyoncé’s “7/11” and “Drunk in Love” as well as hits for Lil Wayne, Ray J, and Wiz Khalifa. Inspired by Michael Ealy’s jealous boyfriend character in The Perfect Guy, the song complains about needy and insecure men. Sanaa sings on the rhythmic, piano-ballad, “Baby why you call so early / Always trying to check up on me / Sending all these messages to me / Keep it up you’ll never know me.”

bab2f2929ffa8b314853d9d4b3c21b5006b998e8.jpg

Detail developed the song’s concept as a joke after Sanaa screened The Perfect Guy trailer for a group of friends. “I was looking at the trailer and I said, ‘Wow. That’s an emotional n—ga,” Detail recalls. “Everybody started laughing and Sanaa said, ‘Exactly.’” Detail suggested that they turn the concept into a song, and she agreed.

“The song came out so good,” Detail continues. “We just got excited and she said, ‘Hey, I want to make this a woman thing.’” It was also Sanaa’s idea to feature rapper Dej Loaf on the song. “We sent it to Dej Loaf and she went crazy like, ‘I love this record.’ She recorded it when she came out for the MTV VMAs. This was like 14 days ago.”

Though Sanaa is a new recording artist, she impressed Detail. “When she got in there like the first time, she did very well,” he says. “She got the melody and everything together, the whole run. It was amazing.”

Last year, Detail and Sanaa were introduced by mutual friend French Montana. :damn: :mjcry:

She used to get dug out and split roasted by Steve Rifkind. :scust:

:camby:

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Emotional in her context is a dude that questions her whereabouts because she's somewhere she knows doesn't need to be. She's in her 40s at the club with French Montana and is recording a song with def loaf. Pretty much tells you why she is perpetually in the 'rental' category. Any time you hear a woman talking about constantly having problems with dudes checking up on them is one you don't take serious.
:salute: