San Antonio Spurs - The 2014 NBA Champions - Official 2013-14 season thread

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
I'll feel a lot better if we can start beating some good teams. We got killed by Indiana, lost to the Rockets twice, lost to the Clippers, the Blazers, and OKC. :smh:

Similar to last season, spurs just don't get up for big games like these other teams do for the spurs

#factsonly

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
i feel u just sometimes it be nice too just start putting our foots on those teams throats with no mercy :whew:

I'd like to see the same, but not happening when we getting blown out in quarters then playing in a big hole all game trying to come back against good teams

That Christmas Day game I swear we were just :snooze: out there, had a nikka :shaq2:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I'd like to see the same, but not happening when we getting blown out in quarters then playing in a big hole all game trying to come back against good teams

That Christmas Day game I swear we were just :snooze: out there, had a nikka :shaq2:

dont remind me bout that game :snoop:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
saw this posted and its a very interesting stat which shows how teams play us it was posted on the bleacher report by a poster
Underrated aspect of the Spurs' season this year: they are 7-0 in games following a loss. None of the losses to the big guns have gotten to them, and they obviously didn't go all-in to win those games.

On the other hand, look at some of the games the Spurs' opponents have played immediately after beating the Spurs-
Portland lost AT HOME by 15 to the Rockets after beating the Spurs
Houston lost TO UTAH by six after beating the Spurs
Indiana lost BY 24 to the Thunder after beating the Spurs
OKC lost ITS FIRST HOME GAME to THE RAPTORS by six after beating the Spurs

The three other games by Spurs' opponents after the Spurs game have been wins, but two were in single digits to mediocre teams (Golden State and Memphis) and the other was a 13-point win for the Clippers at home over the Pelicans.

Either way, all seven of the Spurs' opponents were unable to play anywhere near the level they did against the Spurs in the game following the Spurs.

The Spurs' opponents have clearly circled the calendar for their matchup against the Spurs, and have gone all-in against the Spurs, often costing them the next game. Meanwhile, Coach Pop has never taken the regular season very seriously. It's all about staying healthy and developing team chemistry.

Safe to say, I'm not worried.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Going back in time....I wonder how much different things would be had we been able to get Luis Scola on the court for the Spurs during his prime years :patrice:

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Going back in time....I wonder how much different things would be had we been able to get Luis Scola on the court for the Spurs during his prime years :patrice:

Fab Oberto with offense man...I'm still shocked we won a title with him playing big minutes. Scola would have been :blessed: , esp. for when LA snagged Gasol.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not really paying attention because spurs will finish in the top 3 in the west...its all about playoffs

the kid

Real Esquire, Not the Magazine
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
Smh all the real spurs fans don't even post on game day. Wtf.
I think everybody is just bored with the regular season. Im happy we r winning, but these games are not important to me right now. Not each individual game, I mean. I like to see our development over the course of the season tho.