SAMURAI JACK IS BACK!

The Radiant One

Superstar
Daps
:mjcry:

Aishi...

Killing Aku in the future meant that he could live with Ashi and his friends (though most of them are still killed by Aku. You have to remember that Aku killed millions and his parents if he didn't go back to the past. He would live with Ashi and be haunted by those countless people whose lives were destroyed by Aku.

There was no way Jack was going to have a happy ending regardless of what he picked. :francis:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
What really gets me is how Ashi didn't die until the wedding. How is the time paradox gonna take months to take effect? :what:

If she was gonna be erased it should've happened as soon as Aku died. Instead she just hangs around for months and then disappears at the worst possible time.

That comes off as the writers just trolling Jack (and Ashi, for that matter) for no reason. :smh:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
What really gets me is how Ashi didn't die until the wedding. How is the time paradox gonna take months to take effect? :what:

If she was gonna be erased it should've happened as soon as Aku died. Instead she just hangs around for months and then disappears at the worst possible time.

That comes off as the writers just trolling Jack (and Ashi, for that matter) for no reason. :smh:

If Jack left Ashi before their wedding day, she probably would have turned into Ikra and start the cycle all over

Aishi...

Killing Aku in the future meant that he could live with Ashi and his friends (though most of them are still killed by Aku. You have to remember that Aku killed millions and his parents if he didn't go back to the past. He would live with Ashi and be haunted by those countless people whose lives were destroyed by Aku.

There was no way Jack was going to have a happy ending regardless of what he picked. :francis:

Aku in the past was much weaker than Aku in the future. Jack (and his father before him) didn't have as much trouble with fighting the old Aku before getting powered up by thousands of years of ruling the world.

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
I don't love how they handled the final season- treating it like a single movie, but it's good Jack finally finished his mission.

Time travel is a delicate thing where even minor changes in the past can effect the future. I think they should have had Jack struggle with the fact he may be negating the existence of whole groups of people, not just individuals like Ashi who came directly from Aku- if he destroyed Aku in the past. Maybe Jack should have made peace with the fact his ancestors were dead, killed Aku in the futre and Ashi would still be alive. I'm rambling.

I liked the bitter sweet note the series ended on.:stopitslime: At Ashi mastering Aku's power tho.

This was my favorite American cartoon of all time, and probably still is, but season 5 isn't part of the reason why so much.:francis:

What was the purpose of the guardian showing us that image of jack dressed like that in your profile pic? I don't get it.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps

Aishi...

nnnn.gif

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What was the purpose of the guardian showing us that image of jack dressed like that in your profile pic? I don't get it.

If I had to guess, when they made that scene they probably had every intention of giving Jack a rematch with the Guardian. Other projects came up, years passed and then they came back and put together season 5.:francis:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
If I had to guess, when they made that scene they probably had every intention of giving Jack a rematch with the Guardian. Other projects came up, years passed and then they came back and put together season 5.:francis:
I suspect that at the time they didn't actually have a real "ending" in sight, and they were making an indirect reference to the prophecy at the end of "Conan the Destroyer" with Jack on the iron throne. (Spoken by the same voice actor who played Aku).

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
I just read something interesting on Reddit re: the Guardian... what if that vision was of Jack in the past, looking to return to the future in an attempt to reunite with Ashi? Had me :ohhh: for a minute. I don't see there being any sort of continuation of the series though.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I just read something interesting on Reddit re: the Guardian... what if that vision was of Jack in the past, looking to return to the future in an attempt to reunite with Ashi? Had me :ohhh: for a minute. I don't see there being any sort of continuation of the series though.

Why would he? He killed Aku in the past.. so that future would never have happened in the current world timeline.