SAMURAI JACK IS BACK!

krexzen

All Star
Daps
The final scene of him sitting under the tree made me think of Inception. He spent 50 years in a future that no longer exists, to only come back home and live with his Mom and Pop. I mean at this point he's technically older and likely seen more than both his parents.

All those people, fights, adventures are all just memories. He's the only one who will remember. Most of the people he met will either not exist or lead different lives (such as the aliens and/or people from isolated areas). And on top of that, Jack will never live long enough to see them again.

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
An extended episode would have been great, things kinda felt rushed. The journey was more fun than the destination then again that's how life is.

Seeing the old school intro and everyone Jack has helped form an army to help him was dope.

I was initially annoyed at Ashi disappearing at the wedding but then remembered that Aku was still bound to Ashi. So Aku's final act of evil was to take away Jack's happiness and love(intentional or not). Ashi probably knew she would disappear but she wanted Jack to be happy so she went along for the ride. She basically sacrificed herself for his happiness, she already showed she was willing to die for Jack. Look at how quickly her smile turned to sadness, she knew she couldn't stay with him.

Ashi gets reincarnated as a ladybug, Jack still has fond memories of her but can't get married to her. Jack sees Ashi lives on through that single lady bug and the series ends with Jack contemplating his life and staring off into the distance.

Had this been Jack at the beginning of the season he might have killed himself after such a blow or fallen into a deeper depression. This Jack has an inner peace with himself and he's able to move on.

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
It's not fair.......but Jack at least it's finally over...Ashi..
l6cccx0_zpsuhfxrhzm.png

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
It was impossible for the ending to not feel rushed under its normal 20 minute format.

Bittersweet but I think we all kinda knew that was coming, Jack riding off into the sunset with his newfound love would've been cheesy fan service.

shyt makes you think though; would you rather suffer all the heartbreak you did over those 50 years but damn near be a God to all those you came across + live out your life with your love or go back in time to save everyone Aku killed but lose your love and have all your friends/encounters become mere memories you'll never reenact

idk brehs :mjcry:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It was impossible for the ending to not feel rushed under its normal 20 minute format.

Bittersweet but I think we all kinda knew that was coming, Jack riding off into the sunset with his newfound love would've been cheesy fan service.

shyt makes you think though; would you rather suffer all the heartbreak you did over those 50 years but damn near be a God to all those you came across + live out your life with your love or go back in time to save everyone Aku killed but lose your love and have all your friends/encounters become mere memories you'll never reenact

idk brehs :mjcry:

Eh, personally I'm not somebody who thinks happy endings are automatically cheesy. Jack deserved a happy ending after all the shyt he went thru, and Ashi did too.

I think they could've let her live :wtb:

DerrtySouthpaw

Gawdisbyke
Daps
Reppin
404 to 205
12 years later my nikka came back to secure the bag. Did he evn get to hit tho? I'm glad they finished the story, I knew they were gonna fukk us and her timeline was going to disappear. My nikka did it tho they finished this season off right I loved every ep. RIP Ashi :salute:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't love how they handled the final season- treating it like a single movie, but it's good Jack finally finished his mission.

Time travel is a delicate thing where even minor changes in the past can effect the future. I think they should have had Jack struggle with the fact he may be negating the existence of whole groups of people, not just individuals like Ashi who came directly from Aku- if he destroyed Aku in the past. Maybe Jack should have made peace with the fact his ancestors were dead, killed Aku in the futre and Ashi would still be alive. I'm rambling.

I liked the bitter sweet note the series ended on.:stopitslime: At Ashi mastering Aku's power tho.

This was my favorite American cartoon of all time, and probably still is, but season 5 isn't part of the reason why so much.:francis:

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
Remember when Ashi asked Jack about his past and said "Was there a girl?" Jack went yes at first but then he understood what she meant and went "Oh you mean A girl. No..."

We didn't know it at the time but Ashi unintentionally predicted her fate. It remained true, there was no girl.