Samsung Internet Browser >>>> chrome/Firefox/opera/dolphin browser for android

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Brave is fine enough. Samsung Browser is.... ehhh. Still has pauses when you do something, so it's trying to ensure the animations are smooth at the expense of speed.

I have DNS66 for adblocking so I can freely pick whatever browser I want even if there's no native blocking.

EDIT: Much better since the last time I tried it. :ehh: Not replacing Brave or Opera.. Yet.

Last edited:

llt23

All Star
Daps
Word I just downloading this shyt...very nice options. But does it have a built in adblocker?? I checked extensions and its recommending me to install an adblocker. It says it has a built in pop up blocker though

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
Word I just downloading this shyt...very nice options. But does it have a built in adblocker?? I checked extensions and its recommending me to install an adblocker. It says it has a built in pop up blocker though
It's basically built in, you go to the "extensions" setting menu and then enable a few of the adblockers u want. I enabled the "adguard content blocker" and "unicorn" they were the highest rated ones. So far no ads no banners no trash wasting time and data and screen space.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Not gonna lie, tried it and it is indeed faster than Firefox mobile. This very thread I'm in now loaded slightly slower on the Firefox browser but was quick and snappy on the Samsung. Plus the built in Night Mode is a plus.

With that said tho....it's lacking ublock origin (but has Adguard which is good, need both tho) and a "full screen" extension that's essential for me when doing stuff like reading documents, ebooks or comics and wanting the outlines of the browser to dispear.

And then there's the whole bookmark thing. All my stuff is tied to my Firefox account. Not sure how easy that would be to import

But it does look good. With more updates and extensions it could end up being great but I'm staying put at the moment

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
Not gonna lie, tried it and it is indeed faster than Firefox mobile. This very thread I'm in now loaded slightly slower on the Firefox browser but was quick and snappy on the Samsung. Plus the built in Night Mode is a plus.

With that said tho....it's lacking ublock origin (but has Adguard which is good, need both tho) and a "full screen" extension that's essential for me when doing stuff like reading documents, ebooks or comics and wanting the outlines of the browser to dispear.

And then there's the whole bookmark thing. All my stuff is tied to my Firefox account. Not sure how easy that would be to import

But it does look good. With more updates and extensions it could end up being great but I'm staying put at the moment

I'm using the "adguard content blocker" and "unicorn" and it honestly works better for me than ublock origin.

Regarding the Firefox bookmarks part, it's very easy to import your Firefox bookmarks to chrome then you can import chrome Bookmarks to the Samsung browser. I ended up importing both chrome and Firefox bookmarks and settings into the Samsung browser

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
Never bothered trying this browser cuz it was Samsung and I assumed it couldn't be that good. I read a bunch of recommendations for it last night and decided to give it a try. I won't even bother telling you about the features and all that, go download it and try it for 5 minutes. It will be so obvious that it's better you won't go back to any other browser. Can sync everything with chrome on the desktop anyway if that's your main reason for sticking with chrome so far

BTW it has built in ad blocking. That alone is worth switching from chrome. Just try it. You won't be sorry.

Samsung Internet Browser Beta - Android Apps on Google Play

My s7 has the samsung internet....do i have to download the beta one u listed or no

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
not to derail the thread but Epic Privacy Browser is the best "private" browser

Ad blocking built in
tracker blocking
turn off plugins
encrypted data
can download embedded videos
has built in encrypted proxies that can be toggled from NY , LA , Canada, UK, France, India, Singapore
last pass extension
built on chromes infastructure

i'll give samsung a try, cuz i still use chrome for this site and media intensive surfing. but epic does get alot of my daily driving , only issue is that it signs you out of all your accounts on exit and so for forums i tend to use chrome.