Sam Cooke is the best musician that ever lived

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
The person who influenced Sam was R. H Harris.

Much of the heavy weights from gospels golden era influenced the GOATs of secular music.

:yeshrug:

R-917621-1172616499.jpeg.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Marvin's influence as an artist was not as widespread as Sam Cooke's.

Nahhhhhh breh

And if we’re talking MUSICIAN as in playing instruments that title gotta go to Stevie Wonder or Prince.

If we’re talking strictly Vocalist then Sam is definitely in the conversation alongside Donny Hathaway, Jackie Wilson, Marvin, and Michael Jackson.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Sam is one of the greatest vocalist and artist of our time.

He created the pathway for much of the artist in this thread. One of the first to do it.

Much of the artist people are comparing him to in this thread idolize that man and Have stated it.

Real N Quotes

East Is In The House OMG
Daps
Did you mean musician or singer? I've never once heard anything about Sam Cooke playing an instrument :dahell: I think Donny Hathaway was the best singer. Sam Cooke was talented at singing effortlessly, I could imagine washing dishes or something routine and it would still sound the same.

Now Donny Hathaway on the otherhand... That man would sing like time froze and he was conjuring souls from the ground up his body until they escaped through his voice :wow:

Donny Hathaway is the GOAT

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Breh, I said the official story is probably not the real story.

He was entertaining an Asian woman at a hotel frequented by Black people in a Black part of town.

The Asian woman, who turned out to be a prostitute, probably colluded with the hotel manager to rob him. shyt went left and he ended up dead.

Or, someone who wanted him dead paid the prostitute to lure him to the hotel.

There was a really great article on this years ago by that artemus gordon cat on global grind...

Basically goes into detail about Cooke's manager Allen Klein setting it up because Sam was going to drop him.... Klein went to his death bed owning the rights to Sam's music.

The Asian bytch was an informant for the cops.

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
@IllmaticDelta

you agree with this thread

Sam Cooke wasn't the best musician ever IMO but he was a pioneer in black singer-songwriters and is one of the pioneering foundations of Soul music (bring gospel music feel to the secular world of pop) along with Ray Charles.

"My own favourite is Bring it on Home to Me, recorded live once by Van Morrison, who idolised Cooke's singing. Cooke influenced a generation of musicians, including Bruce Springsteen and Bobby Womack. James Brown said: “Sam Cooke is the only man I know that stand flat footed and kill you with one song. If I had half the voice that Sam had, I wouldn’t dance.”

Sam Cooke: a singer of sheer quality

he was a beast vocally

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Sam is one of the greatest vocalist and artist of our time.

He created the pathway for much of the artist in this thread. One of the first to do it.

Much of the artist people are comparing him to in this thread idolize that man and Have stated it.

this....100% facts