Salon: Do you feel safe and protected around Black men?

Do you feel safe and protected around Black men

• Yes, I feel completely safe.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I feel somewhat safe.

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • No, I only feel safe around black men in my family.

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • No, I do not feel safe around any black men.

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
I feel safe around black men more than non black men but outside my family no, don't feel completely protected around a group of black dudes.

Also, to you feel your opinions are valid and heard around black men?

Last edited:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I feel safe around black men more than non black men but outside my family no, don't feel completely protected around a group of black dudes.

Also, to you feel you're opinions are valid and heard around black men?

how exactly do you feel around Black men who aren't your family, can you give us a bit more detail?

Raava

Staff member
Daps
In what context do you speak? Just out and about? If there are few black people I do feel more comfortable. In a social enviornemnt I never really thought about it that way I am just around my people. I am comfortable around my people, I don't feel in danger. I personally don't feel too comfortable alone around any group of men, particularly at night or secluded areas. Also, if I am the only female in the area. That, is not about race.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim

Also, to you feel your opinions are valid and heard around black men?
I dont feel safe around a group of people I dont know. Why would you feel safe around a group of strangers?:leostare:

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
how exactly do you feel around Black men who aren't your family, can you give us a bit more detail?
I do not feel safe around young black dudes. And to be honest I've seen grown ass black men lock their doors around a group of young Black dudes. So its not just BW.

If shyt hits the fan I do feel like many of the younger ones would not protect the women and children. Like take for example if something like black titanic happened I feel like many of then would jump in the life boats before the women and children.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
In what context do you speak? Just out and about? If there are few black people I do feel more comfortable. In a social enviornemnt I never really thought about it that way I am just around my people. I am comfortable around my people, I don't feel in danger. I personally don't feel too comfortable alone around any group of men, particularly at night or secluded areas. Also, if I am the only female in the area. That, is not about race.
Do you lock your doors when you see a bunch of "thug" looking black men?

Its wrong to judge random Black men like that but I've seen BM do it to. :manny:

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Do you lock your doors when you see a bunch of "thug" looking black men?

Its wrong to judge random Black men like that but I seen BM do it to. :manny:

If my doors aren't already locked :guilty: I lock them around anyone who walks by my car and honestly I do that all the time I try to wait till they don't hear it lol. It's not even who it is, its just me thinking about my safety "Oh yea"

But are you serious with this? Seems trollish. Would you see a group of hipster white teens and breathe a sigh of relief? Mexican teens? Indians? If the black boys were all wearing prep school uniforms, would you still feel threatened? I was agreeing with your other post about this generation of young men. But the "I lock my doors they are dangerous black male teens" is not the same thing. There is a difference between feeling like someone would protect you or fearing they will harm you. I don't feel like this generation of teenagers regarless of race would save the women and children.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Like take for example if something like black titanic happened

Uhhhh...I don't forsee this happening, because if we saw that many of us gettin' on one boat we would suspect
something is up before we even left harbor...

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
I dont feel safe around a group of people I dont know. Why would you feel safe around a group of strangers?:leostare:
No but obviously their is a lack of trust between BM and BW and to a certain existent Between BM and BM,

That Chicago Army of moms got me thinking do BM even feel safe around BM?? Lets be real for once. One of the complaints was that they feared BM would be targets if they spoke out against the killings. That is not healthy.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
If my doors aren't already locked :guilty: I lock them around anyone who walks by my car and honestly I do that all the time I try to wait till they don't hear it lol. It's not even who it is, its just me thinking about my safety "Oh yea"

But are you serious with this? Seems trollish. Would you see a group of hipster white teens and breathe a sigh of relief? Mexican teens? Indians? If the black boys were all wearing prep school uniforms, would you still feel threatened? I was agreeing with your other post about this generation of young men. But the "I lock my doors they are dangerous black male teens" is not the same thing. There is a difference between feeling like someone would protect you or fearing they will harm you. I don't feel like this generation of teenagers regarless of race would save the women and children.

No its not trollish. Considering BM men lives are threatened everyday and them being hypersensitive to their own safety rather than the women and children around them is not farfetched. Look I'm not blaming for them it. Just trying to get some discussion. I don't think its trollish to ask if BW feel safe around BM.
We could easily switch this around and say. Do black men feel safe around Black women? Its not a trolling topic.

I not saying all black men.

Last edited:

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
No its not trollish. Considering BM men lives are threatened everyday and them being hypersensitive to their own safety rather than the women and children around them is not farfetched. Look I'm not blaming for them it. Just trying to get some discussion. I don't think its trollish to ask if BW feel safe around BM. We could easily switch this around and say. Do black men feel safe around Black women?

Raava

Staff member
Daps
No its not trollish. Considering BM men lives are threatened everyday and them being hypersensitive to their own safety rather than the women and children around them is not farfetched. Look I'm not blaming for them it. Just trying to get some discussion. I don't think its trollish to ask if BW feel safe around BM.

Asking in general is not trollish. That is actually a good disscussion Like I said agreed with part of the statement about the rescuing women and children thing. It seems trollish because of the 2 different types of examples used are 2 different things. "Locking your car doors is a common thing associated with black men and black peopel period that they/we are all dangerous. So which one is it? Is it feeling not feeling protected because they are worried about their own safety more or is it just a fear of black men period?