Saints Row 2 appreciation

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
GOAT open world game; just so many straight up fun activities and missions in a city that might not have been the most technically impressive of its competition but more than made up for that fact in the sheer amount of things to do and see. Y'all remember this game had an actual mall in it, a mall so big you could drive a car through it as you tagged the walls and crashed into the stores and shyt. Y'alI might think that's a silly/random thing to remember, but I still can't get over how many of these types of game we have now in 2019 and for all the thousands of hours these developers spending on photorealistic graphics and pointless shyt they can't even put a damn explorable mall in their fukking game cities :stopitslime: Or any building that allows you to actually go inside it outside of the 2 or 3 that are actually used in story missions. :martin: Meanwhile this lil gem from all the way back in 2008 got explorable interiors in spades comparatively, from the mall to the tunnel around the docks to the apartment floor where the final/ultimate crib you could buy was at. :banderas:

Saints Row the #1 series that needs to make a return for next gen. Just way too many of these dour ass Ubisoft/EA trash ass annual cash grabs with forced open worlds laden with progression gated by microtransactions. I need to go break some limbs getting sent flying 5 miles in insurance fraud in 4k :ohlawd::russ: Then get on my :bustback::bustback: shyt with those remote detonation bombs and my pimp cane shotgun :mjlit::wow:. 3 was alright but it started what culminated in 4 as straight up jumping the shark for the series. Just way too much forced "silly" shyt that ended up being nothing but corny and grating and not anywhere as actual funny or charming as SR2 was. Think the developers lost sight of the fact that you need some sense of grounding and seriousness in the narrative and world (which by 4 they had completely abandoned), so that the times the game takes itself less seriously stand out all the more in comparison. Hopefully we get blessed with another installment at some point, market is wide open for it to reestablish itself with GTA on hiatus/under development. We got THQ Nordic out here making new Darkstalkers and Destroy All Humans like nothing ever happened, why can't Saints Row gang get a come up too? :mjcry:

This game was dope as fukk. Who remembers having the sword fight with the Ronin Yakuza boss?

Or Johnny Gat burying dude alive?

both of these right here

I forgot about Saints Row...that shyt came out when R* was still working on GTA. this shyt was fun as hell tho. my childhood man....time is fukking flying

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
Matter of fact, through NY State of Mind being on the soundtrack, this is the game that got me onto Illmatic.

(Live in the south, so my frame of reference with Northern/East Coast artists were Jay-Z, who got a ton of radio play, and Biggie, because of my uncles being into the Biggie/PAC beef)

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
SR2 is obviously better than SR3 and IV but compared to 1 in overall atmosphere, it's not that good of a gangsta game like 1 is. Hopefully they Remake SR1 from the ground up, retaining the same 2000s fashion. SR2 had all the baggy street clothes as DLC packs (bandanas, long shirts, etc)