Saint Row Franchise likely done after Reboot bombs

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
so many bugs and they havent even came with a patch to fix them yet. hasnt it been a month? i have it and cant play the damn game with my wireless controller still.

cyberpunk was ass, but they at least tried to roll out patches every week. Saints just said :manny:

This is what I don't get about game devs nowadays. Massive game-breaking bugs on day 1, when you can patch shyt immediately, is intolerable. The consumer won't fukk with it. These publishers trying to bounce back from COVID are rushing games out and paying the price. There was no reason to get this out in Q3 2022. Why not release it March 2023? Or summer 2023?

But nope, and now because their game was busted they are paying the price.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is what I don't get about game devs nowadays. Massive game-breaking bugs on day 1, when you can patch shyt immediately, is intolerable. The consumer won't fukk with it. These publishers trying to bounce back from COVID are rushing games out and paying the price. There was no reason to get this out in Q3 2022. Why not release it March 2023? Or summer 2023?

But nope, and now because their game was busted they are paying the price.

Same story since the 360 era. Games have a massive upfront cost and due to timing with marketing and making quarterly numbers, publishers decide to release games to collect as much money upfront as possible and deal with the backlash afterwards. They keep doing this because overall the gamers accept it. It’s one of the reasons why it makes less sense to some people to buy games day 1.

Kurt off them percs

With Booker T wife
Daps
Let's be honest here...

Saint Row sold well because at the time it was a new console (360) and it was no good open world games at the time.

How it made it all the way to 3 and dlc is beyond me. This game should have died last gen

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Same story since the 360 era. Games have a massive upfront cost and due to timing with marketing and making quarterly numbers, publishers decide to release games to collect as much money upfront as possible and deal with the backlash afterwards. They keep doing this because overall the gamers accept it. It’s one of the reasons why it makes less sense to some people to buy games day 1.

Here's the thing. You kneecap that earning potential by putting out a busted game. The moment the reviewers get their paws on it, its dead. So you might have gotten pre-orders sure. But you buried anyone who was "buying on the weekend" or "waiting for their next check" to get the game. That's potentially tens of millions of dollars being left on the floor.
Its still short sighted. Gamers are much more likely to pass on a game based on reviews/social banter than in other mediums.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Never played the series, what's the consensus on best in series, 2 or 3?
Saint Row 2 is the best on Xbox, PC can have some issue (the port was done by CD Projekt. Yes, tha CD projekt)

Saints Row 3 was just remastered, I've heard good things about it. Saints Row 2 is my favorite game of all time so I am biased.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've only played this 2022 reboot, and I only played it because I got it for free. :yeshrug:

I'm not that familiar with this franchise and I'm not a big shooter fan, so I can't speak on why this game is so hated.

Daps
Saints Row 2 ended with Saints Row still under Ultor control. Great sequel hook, yeah?

Then they go a totally different direction starting with 3. They had something that had the vibe of Power, but went full frat-boy humor instead.

Forget a new Saints Row if there is a next game. Remake 1 and 2 into one continuous game and then pick it up from where 2 left off.

Or let the IP die, fukk it.