Saigon - 777 Resurrection (Discussion Thread)

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
Got a lot of respect for Tech and what he did, happy for the guy, I really am but Stange Music is Gathering Of The Juggalos type shyt and the thought of Saigon being being that guy now is just funny

This hasn’t been the case for the last few years tho. Strange’s roster at this point are basically made up of street lyricists, most of them on that fast “chopper” shyt. Nobody particularly mind blowing, but dope nonetheless.

This isn’t as random as many would think. I remember a video years back that had Saigon talking with tech and the Strange music CEO.

also, the few times strange music signs guys outside their usual lane, they don’t make them create their type of music.

I remember those videos so I figured something had to give with Saigon and Strange. Can’t wait to hear the new album, sucks with COVID-19 tho. Sai almost definitely would’ve been on Tech’s fall tour.

I think sometimes folks forget Strange Music actually released Jay Rock’s first album prior to TDE linking with Interscope. Had Jay touring with Tech with Kendrick as his hypeman.

Last edited:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I bumped greatest story never told pretty heavily. Always liked the joint he did with G Rap too

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I only say that, cos I feel he lost his way tbh, couldn’t decide what he wanted to rap about, we’re all contradictory in life, but it gets confusing in music, only 2pac could do it right it seems.

On another note, I just listened to all Budden/Saigon diss tricks, which were all under whelming, but I forgot how the beef even started?
Pain in his life:whoo:
Joe got busy
I still go back and listen

Shirt always off, D'Angelo
Get naked like a down hooker

Last edited:

Tommy Lee Jones

All Star
Daps
Love Saigon but I feel like he fukked up by not playing the game with Atlantic. He had just blaze and everyone behind him all he had to do was make 2 singles for radio. I’m not saying he needed to compromise himself but you do have to comprise some what when you are the type of artist he is. No reason why he couldn’t make something for radio. I think he was dope enough to pull it off.

MK25toLife

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As far as street rap, 50 and Sai were neck and neck at one point. Saigon’s mixtape music in the early 2000’s was THAT good. The delay with Greatest Story (a classic), hurt him bad. Reminds me a lot of Cormega’s delay w/ The Testament (also a classic).

Death6six6

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tenor.gif