S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl (PC, Xbox Series X|S) (September 5, 2024)

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
STALKER 1 was one of the most unique FPS games id ever played at the time it released. It aged like shyt tho, so I'm curious how this one will go

Chef

All Star
Daps
I’m here for this. I had all the expansions when I was younger.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
:blessed: so hyped

looked like a lot of locations from SoC

back into the zone stalkers :blessed:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
https://www.retbit.com/2021/04/30/s...mpossible-to-run-on-xbox-one-or-ps4-dev-says/

Although the concept of making a game available for last generation consoles Xbox One and the PS4 even in light of next generation consoles, Xbox Series X|S and PS5 hitting the market makes sense from an economical standpoint (for being available to as many gamers as possible) and from a backwards compatibility standpoint, as we saw with Cyberpunk 2077 and its “disastrous rollout, all-inclusive availability for last gen systems isn’t necessarily the best option.

The developers from GSC Game World, who are currently working on the much-anticipated, open-world horror shooter Stalker 2 on Xbox Series X|S and PC, seem more than accepting of that fact. According to GSC Game World’s PR manager Zakhar Bocharov, the developers of the game didn’t want to be limited by the last generation’s consoles technical shortcomings when making the sequel to 2007’s Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl.

Stalker 2 is a next-gen game, and it’s impossible to run it on Xbox One or PS4,” Bocharov said in a statement to GamingBolt.

Bocharov made it clear that Stalker 2 on Xbox Series X|S would run in 4K, as well as support HDR, ray-tracing and 120 FPS performance. The are currently no plans to bring Stalker 2 to the PS5, as the developer has been negotiating bringing the game to Xbox Series X with the potential of Game Pass exclusivity.

“No plans for now,” GSC Game World. “We negotiated the possibilities with Microsoft and saw several good opportunities for the brand — including Game Pass.”

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Court documents revealed its a 3 month timed exclusive

STALKER 2 Is a 3-Month Console Exclusive; Microsoft Will Increase Revenue Share for Xbox Games, Too [UPDATED]

In another internal Microsoft document labeled as 'Executive Portfolio Update', we also learned the exclusivity details for some ID@XBOX games. The most important is undoubtedly GSC Game World's S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, which will be a console exclusive for three months. This suggests the developers will be free to release it on PlayStation 5 after the exclusivity deal is over.

Feel free to update the OP. :sas2:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If I recall it's a 3 month console exclusive then PC release. Meaning PC user won't get it at launch and it'll only be on series X

A Playstation is a two face coin flip of a chance

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You lost me

You assumed in the first post that the ending of FF7 exclusivity apparently meant it was coming to xbox day and date of its deal ending. Here, you are much more of a skeptic as to whether STALKER it will go to another console, why?

In the second post, you asked if we would keep the same energy because we cheered on the ff7 timed exclusivity, now here you are, pretending microsoft isn’t on the same shyt with a pitiful 3 month exclusivity deal. Seems you’re a bit biased....

microsoft_document_2.jpg