RZA vs Premier IG Live Battle

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
The thing is, I can't listen to a full album of Premier beats these days. It gets too repetitive. His beats are so formula driven that it just gets old, basically his style stopped evolving around 1995 and hes just done the same thing on every beat ever since.

That might be a slight exaggeration, but only slightly.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Come on Bro, RZA doesn't have many classics?
U said yaself Mark, you biased cause u ain't really a Wu fan like that
But be objective man:
  • OB4CL
  • Liquid Swords
  • Forever
  • Return to the 36
  • Ironman
  • Big Pun - Tres Leches
  • BIG - long Kiss GN
  • WTT
  • Too many to remember off the top
But for real it will be close:lupe:,

Preem, just off the strength of Return of the Crooklyn Dodgers though :whoo:

Devils Pie

:ohlawd:

Another underrated Preemo track:

Even the shyt he did for Christina was dope, W/out having to switch his style up

RZA and Preemo both in my top three

True but I fukks with Liquid Swords. That's my shyt. I just think that Premo's classics are more high profile because of the rappers he worked with in Nas, Big and Jay. Yeah, this will be the most entertaining so far.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:dahell:

But some of Preem's best shyt had O.C. spittin on 'em.

Crooklyn Dodgers 2 qualifies but uh he had the worst verse on there. And those other two are nowhere near Primo's best shyt.
My overall point is if this is a 20 song battle Crooklyn Dodgers 2 is the only OC we should hear. And that isn't an OC song it is a posse cut for a movie soundtrack he appeared on. I like OC but he isn't some seminal artist.

Daps
Like I said earlier, 20 for 20, RZA can hang. Anything deeper than that and The Rzarector is getting drowned. (No pun intended :myman:

)

But Preem's banger list is longer than anybody in hip-hop. The man had made hundreds of beats and literally only like 3 or 4 of them could be called straight up wack.

Some jewels that ain't been mentioned yet just to show how crazy Preem's body of work is:

GOAT. Preem ain't even my #1, but his greatness and top of the food chain status can't be denied.

:whew:

Daps
Crooklyn Dodgers 2 qualifies but uh he had the worst verse on there. And those other two are nowhere near Primo's best shyt.
My overall point is if this is a 20 song battle Crooklyn Dodgers 2 is the only OC we should hear. And that isn't an OC song it is a posse cut for a movie soundtrack he appeared on. I like OC but he isn't some seminal artist.

BLASPHEMY!!

:pacspit:

LOL, nah, I'm j/k my man, but I couldn't disagree more. OC is my favorite DITC member so I'm a bit biased. Jewelz is a top 10 fav album of mine. And "Thick" is definitely in Premier's upper echelon stash to me.

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The people fukk with Premier more that Rza. This is an instance where popularity will tip the scales. Rza got classic but lets be honest how many black people relate in 2020. Cuz Rza could play Cream then Preem could play the Gangstar version which is more enjoyable in my book

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
Am I the only one that thinks all of Preme's beats sound the same :ld: