Ryan Coogler & Michael B. Jordan vampire film "Sinners"

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I had that on my mind but didn't wanna bring it up becuz Rosewood was just traumatizing:snoop:
Breh I saw someone say Ryan basically took all the blassics from the 90s and rolled it into one. A bit of Rosewood, MBJ trying to play Eazy Rawilins and Mouse + Hallie Steinfeld being the literal DEVIL IN THE BLUE DRESS mix in a bit Hoodlum and A Rage in Harlem :russ:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see people saying it doesn't show enough smh

Look most trailers today show the whole damn movie. I prefer it like this

fukk outta here with that other shyt

It's not that it doesn't show enough. It doesn't really show anything. Just a hint or a quick shot of what the threat is would be enough. If it's horror it shows nothing scary. There's nothing that caught my eye to make me say this is something I have to see.

If I didn't know it's from Coogler I wouldn't be intrigued at all. It's not a well cut teaser/trailer.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I remember we had a field trip to the Grand lake theater to see rosewood. One chick couldn't control her emotions and flipped out. Quite frankly, it scared the shyt out of me.

I just remember as a kid being angry from it and I remember it had breh from Gullah Gullah island.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
:blessed:

Ryan and Michael back at it trying to get another one after going 3 for 3. Ryan took that Marvel Dough and made an original Black Horror Film. Loved the trailer, he gave you nothing just some beautiful cinematography and suspense. I'm all for more brothers making original Black stories like the 80's and 90's. Our History is so deep there are TONS of stories to tell. This is taking place during Jim Crow but with horror element. Jordan has been going in recently with the original stories now Ryan will bring the heat. Definitely checking this out.

Last edited:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder if Hailee is gonna be on some "Devil in a Blue Dress" shyt since she is actually not white and has black ancestry:mjpls:

I just rewatched the trailer. I didn't know that was Hailey Steinfeld dancing. She looked like a mixed black woman. Is she not fully white? Or was that just the lighting in the scene?

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One looks evil as hell he may be getting turned into a vampire:jbhmm:Very intrigued how MBJ handles the different roles

This is the thing. I think there has to be a big twist. Because we would all assume the "evil looking twin" is possibly a vampire. But I feel that's too on the nose. I gotta believe both twins are Vampires (who got turned, because we see the good twin during the day) or "the good twin" is the one who becomes a vampire to kill the racists etc.

I doubt what we see, is the full picture of this movie. There's definitely some big twist that's hidden.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
This is the thing. I think there has to be a big twist. Because we would all assume the "evil looking twin" is possibly a vampire. But I feel that's too on the nose. I gotta believe both twins are Vampires (who got turned, because we see the good twin during the day) or "the good twin" is the one who becomes a vampire to kill the racists etc.

I doubt what we see, is the full picture of this movie. There's definitely some big twist that's hidden.

With this being in NO I felt it would have been cool to have it as Vampires (Whites/Racist whites) vs Voodoo (Black people)

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im gonna need Henry Louis Gates to verify some things. Insert JR Smith eyes meme

Holy shyt! She is part black :wtf: I never knew that. That is smart casting by Coogler. Because in those times "PASSING WHITE WOMEN" were a major thing. I'm very intrigued. But what's weird, she literally looks mixed in this movie. But I've never seen her look anything but white until now.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
f229e32f-8214-4ca6-bce2-e4036898eef6.gif

"Mixed black woman" :comeon: (with the implication being that she looks 1/2 black)

3/4 White + 1/8 Filipina + 1/8 Black :mjgrin:

That being said, Hailee,

Fzph-Rm-ezgif-com-added-text-1.gif

She is mixing it up on the dance floor tho :banderas: