Ryan Coogler & Michael B. Jordan vampire film "Sinners"

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
he doin 2 vampire themed movies back 2 back

this and iam legend 2
:dahell:
I was gonna say this is different cause he's playing a vampire....but I guess not. That is an interesting choice.

Honestly refreshing after Abigail’s marketing campaign. I would’ve enjoyed that movie way more had it played things more subtle in the lead-up to release.
Me too. I do wonder how they'll handle marketing though. Overall reaction I've seen is "it looks good but I dont know whats going on." You might lose some people with that.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Looks dope, Coogler is biting Peele tho.

Can't explain it but I feel it
Sorta, but naw. Ryan is more straightforward with his storytelling. Peele tends to have a swerve in his films that makes you rethink everything you saw beforehand.

He'd be biting Peele if somehow the antagonist isnt vampires but something else.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Like DeNiro and Pacino. :troll:

c5XnHeFqUAZRJu29Gz.webp
Jonthan Majors is trending on twitter smh

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I could be faaaar off, but the trailer makes it look like it's a supernatural take on the racial violence that occured during Jim Crow. The "dance with the devil" and then the ominous shots of Hailee Steinfeld, and we know that entertaining, merely looking at a White woman back then led to destruction of Black communities. I wouldn't put it past Coogler to do that lol.

I was gonna say this is different cause he's playing a vampire....but I guess not. That is an interesting choice.

Me too. I do wonder how they'll handle marketing though. Overall reaction I've seen is "it looks good but I dont know whats going on." You might lose some people with that.
They will reveal more close to release I guess, maybe in another trailer. I'm fine with this though, this is what trailers are supposed to do. Pique your interest, while still playing close to the chest. The first Alien trailer showed practically nothing at all and it was still effective.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They will reveal more close to release I guess, maybe in another trailer. I'm fine with this though, this is what trailers are supposed to do. Pique your interest, while still playing close to the chest. The first Alien trailer showed practically nothing at all and it was still effective.
Yup. Teaser trailers used to be 60 - 90 seconds long and have no clips of the movie, just shyt to let you know to keep this on your radar.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I'm so happy Ryan Coogler is doing something new. After Creed in 2015, he's made 2 Black Panther movies. It's been nice seeing him improve over the years, and I want to see what he can do when has more creative control.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Supposed to be blues music in this. @IllmaticDelta might have to drop some gems and also check for the authenticity.
Coogler the young king did it again :banderas:
2025 Coogler gets on his Kendrick shyt :banderas:
I could be faaaar off, but the trailer makes it look like it's a supernatural take on the racial violence that occured during Jim Crow. The "dance with the devil" and then the ominous shots of Hailee Steinfeld, and we know that entertaining, merely looking at a White woman back then led to destruction of Black communities. I wouldn't put it past Coogler to do that lol.

Thats fair. Just think this movie has to make some good money at the box office for more films like this to get produced at this budget. Not even Peele has made an original feature at this budget yet.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Yup. Teaser trailers used to be 60 - 90 seconds long and have no clips of the movie, just shyt to let you know to keep this on your radar.

PREACH!!!

And whoever said that Coogler is biting Peele needs to stop:comeon:That 1 hit wonder Peele is obsessed with esoteric shyt and the funny thing is Peele is a M. Night Shyamalan biter. So knock it off:mjlol: