Russos need Marvel, Marvel needs the Russos. Both have taken L's since they've been away from each other.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I dont LOVE the direction of any of their MCU movies. However, their MCU movies are the least flawed. They really know how to really work in the MCU formula. What they lack in overall directing style/skill they make up for with character, action, etc. Feige handles the other stuff and they've made great collabs.

Russos outside the MCU...
The Gray Man is sitting at 59% on RT. :huhldup:

That movie they made with Tom Holland was :picard:

I dont think Marvel's recent movies are L's to be honest. Ironically the reason I knocked the Russos so much is cause I wanted to see a director's style really put into a movie ala Raimi and Taika. However, its not hitting the same for audiences.

They need to reunite.

Plus we got Kang and Doom on deck. Gotta get that right :hubie:

Having said that The Gray Man might be a dope movie that the critics are wrong on :manny:

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
Phase 4 is supposed to be sorta like Phase 1 again, and tbh it's probably better than Phase 1. People are just sick of Marvel(understandably)

Phase 1:
Iron Man 1 - Classic
Hulk - Trash
Iron Man 2 - Meh
Thor - Trash
Captain America 1 - Good
The Avengers - Great

Phase 4:
Shang-Chi - Good
Eternals - Meh
No Way Home - Classic
Multiverse of Madness - Meh
Thor Love and Thunder - Good

And we still have BP2, Guardians 3, and more otw

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Phase 4 is supposed to be sorta like Phase 1 again, and tbh it's probably better than Phase 1. People are just sick of Marvel(understandably)

Phase 1:
Iron Man 1 - Classic
Hulk - Trash
Iron Man 2 - Meh
Thor - Trash
Captain America 1 - Good
The Avengers - Great

Phase 4:
Shang-Chi - Good
Eternals - Meh
No Way Home - Classic

This

It’s crazy how some folks can’t comprehend this simple concept that Phase 4 is essentially the new Phase 1.

No one wants them to build. Some want the instant shyt now with no rhyme or reason.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Also, let’s keep it BUCK

For a few years, some folks fake criticism was “Marvel don’t take chances, they need to take chaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnncccccceeeesssssss”

I don’t need to name names. Maybe @wire28 @AnonymityX1000 or @Norrin Radd can name names if they want.:hubie: But we know who they were:pachaha:

Well Phase 4 has all been about “taking chances” :manny:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
They have 3, maybe 4 of the top 5 MCU flicks.

I dont think Marvel's recent movies are L's to be honest. Ironically the reason I knocked the Russos so much is cause I wanted to see a director's style really put into a movie ala Raimi and Taika. However, its not hitting the same for audiences.

They need to reunite.

I agree here also. People talked so much shyt about the 'made by committee' cookie cutter Marvel formula, that even when it's good it's just too safe, directors aren't being allowed to execute their own vision, blah blah blah.

Eternals, MOM and now TL&T all have distinct flavors from directors doing exactly what they got praise for within the MCU playground and people say it's too jarring. I hope they continue taking chances and getting big name directors to buy in, but The Russos, especially for Secret Wars are the remedy for restoring the feeling.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
We have more and more in movie signs that
The X-Men, F4 and Dr. Doom are coming
Marvel is already starting to turn it around.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Phase 1:
Iron Man 1 - Classic
Hulk - Trash
Iron Man 2 - Meh
Thor - Trash
Captain America 1 - Good
The Avengers - Great

Phase 4:
Shang-Chi - Good
Eternals - Meh
No Way Home - Classic

Y'all gotta stop lying :mjlol:

Phase 4 is nothing like Phase 1 :mjlol:

In real time none of the phase 1 movies were regarded as trash.

Iron Man and Avengers were regarded as great.

Thor and First Avenger were regarded as good.

Iron Man 2 and Hulk as passable.

If Phase 1 was like Phase 4 there would have been no hype going into the actual Avengers movie

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
People thought Joss Whedon was hot shyt too after the first avengers movie....dude fell off the earth and his next big project was a batgirl movie :mjlol: .

now he forgotten about and basically untouchable in the industry.

I like marvel movies....but lets keep it real....none of these movies are the vision of ANY director. they are the vision of the studio and they offer very little room for creativity.

Like what are the russos style? they average directors with average vision.