Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Daps

might as well have dug graves, still can't get my head around this

:mindblown:

Didn't it come out that Russians aren't taught about Chernobyl because it's widely seen as the beginning of the end for the USSR and they don't even acknowledge it out of embarrassment?

If thats the case, then this makes sense. Russians simply don't know what the area is. Probably grew up being told it wasn't true or that it's western propaganda, if they even heard about it at all.

Tough break, russkie brehs. Maybe @Skooby can get a message to his fellow countrymen and tell them to get out before its too late.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Didn't it come out that Russians aren't taught about Chernobyl because it's widely seen as the beginning of the end for the USSR and they don't even acknowledge it out of embarrassment?

If thats the case, then this makes sense. Russians simply don't know what the area is. Probably grew up being told it wasn't true or that it's western propaganda, if they even heard about it at all.

Tough break, russkie brehs. Maybe @Skooby can get a message to his fellow countrymen and tell them to get out before its too late.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange

It would have to be some country hicks from out east. Up until a few weeks ago information was free flowing. It was there to know. And if they did not tell their soldiers to be cautious out there, that says everything about Russia's odds.

Daps
It would have to be some country hicks from out east. Up until a few weeks ago information was free flowing. It was there to know. And if they did not tell their soldiers to be cautious out there, that says everything about Russia's odds.

But the free flowing information still had a Russian slant.

The internet in Russia is not the internet in the United States. And what you are taught in school shapes your worldview.

Why do you think these devils are trying to ban slavery being taught in schools but not on the internet?

What you learn in school trumps what you learn on the internet. If white children are taught that slavery wasn't that bad in school, thats how most of them are going to feel throughout their lives regardless of what they see on the internet.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Nah, it's reported a soldier already died from radiation poisining

Radioactive soil and red trees: Why is Chernobyl’s forest so deadly?

as far as i can tell, the worst news is coming from ukraininan sources only. there needs to be something more objective than that.

NPR Cookie Consent and Choices

Experts say the levels are not nearly enough to cause sudden radiation poisoning, but they could potentially elevate the long-term risks of cancer for the soldiers.

"You shouldn't go into a contaminated site and have people camping out and digging in the dirt," says Kathryn Higley, a radiation health physicist at Oregon State University. While the risk of developing cancer in the long term remains "very, very low," she says it shows Russia's disregard for the well-being of its own troops.

The area in Chernobyl that was used by the Russian troops "is decently hot," according to Tim Mousseau, an ecologist at the University of South Carolina who's studied the Chernobyl exclusion zone for years.

But Mousseau and Higley both say that the troops couldn't have gotten radiation poisoning from living on the site, even for a month.

"It seems unlikely that a very large dose would be received from just sitting in the trenches," Mousseau told NPR via email. "A more likely scenario, based on having brought dozens of visitors to the zone with me over the years, is that there was a psychosomatic response to finding out that they were in a highly contaminated region."

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange

The internet in Russia is not the internet in the United States. And what you are taught in school shapes your worldview.

Why do you think these devils are trying to ban slavery being taught in schools but not on the internet?

What you learn in school trumps what you learn on the internet. If white children are taught that slavery wasn't that bad in school, thats how most of them are going to feel throughout their lives regardless of what they see on the internet.

I know I do get it, but to sacrifice their soldiers like that:picard:.
Did no one tell them anything at all:mjtf:?
Are they even going to make it back to Russia to tell their tale:merchant:?
Is the lie that important that if some soldieries get radiation poisoning they just get radiation poisoning:sadcam:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

i've learned more shyt faster from the internet that i did from schooling.
real spit.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
as far as i can tell, the worst news is coming from ukraininan sources only. there needs to be something more objective than that.

NPR Cookie Consent and Choices

Experts say the levels are not nearly enough to cause sudden radiation poisoning, but they could potentially elevate the long-term risks of cancer for the soldiers.

"You shouldn't go into a contaminated site and have people camping out and digging in the dirt," says Kathryn Higley, a radiation health physicist at Oregon State University. While the risk of developing cancer in the long term remains "very, very low," she says it shows Russia's disregard for the well-being of its own troops.

The area in Chernobyl that was used by the Russian troops "is decently hot," according to Tim Mousseau, an ecologist at the University of South Carolina who's studied the Chernobyl exclusion zone for years.

But Mousseau and Higley both say that the troops couldn't have gotten radiation poisoning from living on the site, even for a month.

"It seems unlikely that a very large dose would be received from just sitting in the trenches," Mousseau told NPR via email. "A more likely scenario, based on having brought dozens of visitors to the zone with me over the years, is that there was a psychosomatic response to finding out that they were in a highly contaminated region."
Fair enough. Seems to be conflictual reports on the matter although Euronews is usually quite objective in its reporting though it is European centric obviously. I'll wait and see if there are any more converging reports on that.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: NZA

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel

:gucci: Its not the case. I'll leave it at that.