Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

barese

Pro
Daps

The three Dons :lupe:

But don't forget Lising and Potanin, the other Oligarchs you don't see Putin taking pictures with :sas2:

Looking at that list, Ukrainians might be having antisemitic panic attacks...
Only Usmanov is a muslim, but with a Jewish wife...
I hope their Jewish population will be fine...

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
True, but Belarus was always rather submissive to Russia, I'm not sure this is a news for Poland...

If Russia could accept NATO in Baltic states, Poland will have to accept Russians in Belarus...

Regarding the Baltic states, Estonia and Latvia both have a significant Russian minority of around 25%.
I'm counting on their Finish-like mentality to find common ground with their neighbors, because otherwise this region could be a real mess.

Estonia has one region where Russians make 70% of population:
Ida-Viru County - Wikipedia

Latvia, percentage of Russian, Belarusian and Ukrainian minority:
%D0%9B%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B2%D0%B8%D1%8F.%D1%80%D1%83.png

They also seem concentrated in a couple of regions...
You're right about Belarus' submission (above all since Lukachenko got in power) but its constitution (Section 1, article 18) does state that it's should be a neutral and nuclear free state.
Constitution of the Republic of Belarus | Official Internet Portal of the President of the Republic of Belarus

Belarus being an advanced outpost of Russia would basically be unconstitutional. Unless Lukachenko amends it which he'll surely do in that case.

I agree that the best solution would be to have some kind of buffer countries between NATO and Russia (for example from Finland to Bulgaria) but we are unfortunately way past that now. When this current crisis is over, it would be interesting to have some geopolitical analysis of the 2004 NATO additions.

Last edited:

barese

Pro
Daps
You're right about Belarus' submission (above all since Lulachenko got in power) but its constitution (Section 1, article 18) does state that it's should be a neutral and nuclear free state.
Constitution of the Republic of Belarus | Official Internet Portal of the President of the Republic of Belarus

Belarus being an advanced outpost of Russia would basically be unconstitutional. Unless Lukachenko amends it which he'll surely do in that case.
Interesting.

I wouldn't bet on amending the constitution though.

Lukashenko is perfectly capable of just turning a blind eye and ignoring the unconstitutionality.
Possibly using the Union State Trity as an excuse:
Union State - Wikipedia

Edit: looking at their constitution again, the paragraph about being neutral and nuclear-free is worded "Belarus aims at making...", while in the first paragraph about the international law they have "Belarus shall proceed from the principles of..."
I don't think they must be neutral, just aim at it lol

Last edited:
Daps
State of emergency declared in Ukraine, military reservists called up :wow:

Ukraine said I aint no bytch we were in the same set red flag and all come see me :pacspit:

Good. Them nikkas need to fight. Stop begging the west to do their dirty work. Get in there and get down. Make them russkies hurt. Made me proud last night when I saw a report of Ukrainian civilians saying they ready to fight.

I felt like a proud dad watching his only son make it :ehh:

killacal

Banned
Daps
Good. Them nikkas need to fight. Stop begging the west to do their dirty work. Get in there and get down. Make them russkies hurt. Made me proud last night when I saw a report of Ukrainian civilians saying they ready to fight.

I felt like a proud dad watching his only son make it
:ehh:
You about to lose yo only son:damn:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps

I felt like a proud dad watching his only son make it :ehh:
They will fight no doubt, I'm worried we may lose the Klitschko bros if shyt turns sour in Kiev. They say they ready to die for Ukraine :mjcry:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Interesting.

I wouldn't bet on amending the constitution though.

Lukashenko is perfectly capable of just turning a blind eye and ignoring the unconstitutionality.
Possibly using the Union State Trity as an excuse:
Union State - Wikipedia

Edit: looking at their constitution again, the paragraph about being neutral and nuclear-free is worded "Belarus aims at making...", while in the first paragraph about the international law they have "Belarus shall proceed from the principles of..."
I don't think they must be neutral, just aim at it lol
Best would be to have the original text rather than an English translation but I do not read Russian. Maybe something was lost in meaning who knows.