Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
People not realzing what Biden is doing. This is all payback from the BS with the Republicans etc... he is making sure they can't recover to ever do that shyt in 2016 and continued to do before the invasion. Russia was neck up in our politics.

The finishing blow to the main GOP money source :ohhh:

Also notice the lack of money these Twitter accounts are talking about now. A lot of propaganda suddenly going broke or accounts outright disappearing.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/11/biden-will-push-to-end-russias-most-favored-nation-trade-status.html

Sanctions first, now Tariffs - Logical step. Putin couldn't have anticipated this kind of pushback. There's no coming back from this without all-out capitulation. China's going to buy up all his shyt at a discount and the West is telling him to kick rocks. If he tries to take the whole country, he'll have a bloody long-term insurgency on his hands and risk losing domestic support the longer it goes.

What's his out on this? He'll take Ukraine, but for what? You get additional land and resources, but no one is buying except China (possibly India) and China will be buying with leverage since he may have to attach his economy to the yuan. At that point, Putin is just basically running a Gas Station with Nuclear Weapons.

Woof, this can be a historical fukk up.
What I don't get and maybe someone can help me.

Russia was a player.

Russia had influence.

Russia had enough cred through misinformation to be able to take pot shots at the US and deny it diplomatically and even in wars, like Syria.

Why throw all of that away?

Why would you assume that the West wouldn't have dropped the mother of all hammers on you?

Kokoro

Passion
Supporter
Daps
The Ukrainians, much like the Afghans in the 1980s...seem to understand the Art of War :jbhmm:
They used to be occupied by the ussr

The city is literally built on top of bunkers

Several large scale massacres and death have occurred in the region

War is somewhat a part of the culture in that area. I’ve been trying to brush up on my knowledge of the region and the area we know as Ukraine has been occupied by several nations and ethnicities in history

I don’t think you live or occupy that region of the world without a plan for conflict

Last edited:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Russia was a player.

Russia had influence.

Russia had enough cred through misinformation to be able to take pot shots at the US and deny it diplomatically and even in wars, like Syria.

Why would you assume that the West wouldn't have dropped the mother of all hammers on you?
I'm guessing they assumed the US/EU didn't have the political will nor the public demand for them to enter into any sort of conflict right now.

Hell, you've got dudes on here that would much rather gas prices go down 30 cents a gallon than trying to prevent Russia from taking over Eastern Europe. :yeshrug:

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
The finishing blow to the main GOP money source :ohhh:

Also notice the lack of money these Twitter accounts are talking about now. A lot of propaganda suddenly going broke or accounts outright disappearing.

RIP PATRIOT JIM from New York
RIP 2nd Amendment Adam from Cincinnati
RIP BEER AND FREEDOMS Fan from Fresno

Gotta imagine too some of the QAnons and Magaheads are wondering if the Deep State found that Survival Bunker they were building, the last place of REAL FAMILY VALUES. :mjgrin:

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
RIP PATRIOT JIM from New York
RIP 2nd Amendment Adam from Cincinnati
RIP BEER AND FREEDOMS Fan from Fresno

Gotta imagine too some of the QAnons and Magaheads are wondering if the Deep State found that Survival Bunker they were building, the last place of REAL FAMILY VALUES. :mjgrin:

Q-Anon looking all scarce. Even those Trump supporters are getting mighty quiet. :sas2:

No more MTG barking loud. No more Josh Hawley.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
I'm guessing they assumed the US/EU didn't have the political will nor the public demand for them to enter into any sort of conflict right now.

Hell, you've got dudes on here that would much rather gas prices go down 30 cents a gallon than trying to prevent Russia from taking over Eastern Europe. :yeshrug:

Some cats want every instant and convenient, and blame Dems for any slight disruption.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
So how does the executive order handle things like buying raw materials for things like steel making? If I’m not mistaken, Russia is the primary source for a lot of the raw materials with that.

Just looking into the price of shyt skyrocketing…was about to put up a new fence around my yard but I’d hate to see the price of it right now.

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps
So in your opinion, what should the west be doing?
at this point fukk if I know because everything is working away from less human suffering. This is what nation states and geopolitics are, they don't give a shyt about humans, it's influence, power, resources, weakening adversaries. I'm a random person and care about people. Why do I care if Russian or Ukrainian or Western oligarchs get the spoils of Ukraine's extraction industry?

The west figured out a way it could guarantee they would weaken an adversary regardless of what Russia did and took it. That's how the world works under the current order. It would be nice to put Ukrainian people at the center of the concern for once.

Daps
at this point fukk if I know because everything is working away from less human suffering. This is what nation states and geopolitics are, they don't give a shyt about humans, it's influence, power, resources, weakening adversaries. I'm a random person and care about people. Why do I care if Russian or Ukrainian or Western oligarchs get the spoils of Ukraine's extraction industry?

The west figured out a way it could guarantee they would weaken an adversary regardless of what Russia did and took it. That's how the world works under the current order. It would be nice to put Ukrainian people at the center of the concern for once.

How is the west not putting Ukraine front and center when they did everything feasible short of starting WW3 to keep Russia from going in to Ukraine to massacre innocent civilians.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Russia was a player.

Russia had influence.

West was assumed to be divided and weak (it still is in some ways)

Plus they were serious about NATO. No way Ukraine is getting in now.

Last edited:

Able Archer 83

Two Minutes to Midnight
Daps
Reppin
A War of Illusions, Claims a Leading Russian Analyst

“Thus ‘we’ll wipe the floor with them’ kind of attitudes towards Ukraine’s armed forces are extremely dangerous and have already boomeranged against us with some nasty consequences. Furthermore, it is not impossible that an even more important reason for our unpleasant surprises during the initial stage of operations has been the senseless belief of the military-political leadership of the country that our national “brothers” in Ukraine are being held down under the American and Ukrainian fascist yoke and will welcome us as did the Crimeans in 2014.” In fact to the South and East, “attitudes are by no means so positive”. And “in the centre and to the West as a whole they are uniformly negative.” It is for this reason that resistance from both the army and volunteers has been so stubborn.

The real danger ahead is “the hidden hatred of the ‘fraternal people’, from whom we ‘took away the European future’…At the same time Russia won’t be able to raise the standard of living in Ukraine but will also lower it at home. As a result, a hidden hatred may already be welling up in ourselves. At some point it will erupt.”