Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Daps

Leo trying to make everyone forget that he was chillin with Putin just a few years back.

vladimir-putin-leonardo-dicaprio.jpg

Putin gave up freedom to become a vassal. shyt is wild b

Putin clearly didn't understand the game. He's out here thinking that he can rebuild the U.S.S.R. when the only two options were "become China's vassal state" or "work toward joining the EU and becoming a key voice in European policy."

It was always a binary.

Daps
planned out where? China's goal with taiwan is to reunify it diplomatically and economically. They don't want to go to war unless Taiwan declares themselves as a separate independent country. I'm not sure where all this china is going to attack taiwan thing is coming from but it's just not the case.

I think people forget about the geography of Taiwan..a successful amphibious invasion (which I highly doubt China has the appetite for) is next to impossible. Strait of Taiwan is 180km wide, that's a lot of time in the ocean as sitting ducks, Taiwanese F-16's would eat.

Even then their economies are too interwoven for there to be a hot war. China views Taiwan as a breakaway province who made an incorrect decision, but that's still their fam.

it's like the drunk uncle in your family, you know they're lame, you feel ashamed, but you love 'em the same