Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
This may have been brought up, but how much has NATO really encroached on Russia?

Weren't NATO countries only spending 2-3% on their annual military budget and were military forces positioned right along Russia’s borders like Russia frequently does to NATO countries?

I always thought it was a bullshyt operation, but I at least credence to NATO's growth. The deeper I look into this, the more I realize how bullshyt of a reason Russia invading Ukraine was.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
While I can understand the reluctance to risk it, do you really think Putin would be willing to start WW3 over Ukraine? :lupe:

Then again he was willing to tank his country's economy and make himself a pariah over it...

Yes, he's willing.

To save face because it's not going the way he wanted, he's going to bomb the country into submission which is only going to trigger higher caliber weapons being sent to Ukraine.

The hope I have is, his country runs out of money to support the fight, keeps Donbas and calls it a day.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I wonder how the US will be able to use this moment to weaken China as well.

Thread by @WarintheFuture on Thread Reader App
Turn the world against china for "supporting" Russia
China will get out of this relatively unscathed I think. From analysis I read, the strong response from the West kind of calmed China down in its bully tactics in the China sea though.

A weakened Russia seems to be an even better news for them because they will then have the chance to cannibalize its economy as Russia may have to look eastwards to find buyers.

CIPS will probably be a strong alternative for non-Western countries and Russian companies might use it more potentially reinforcing the yuan.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

shyt is getting even more real...

This may have been brought up, but how much has NATO really encroached on Russia?

Weren't NATO countries only spending 2-3% on their annual military budget and were military forces positioned right along Russia’s borders like Russia frequently does to NATO countries?

I always thought it was a bullshyt operation, but I at least credence to NATO's growth. The deeper I look into this, the more I realize how bullshyt of a reason Russia invading Ukraine was.

one of the problems the US had with other NATO nations is that most of them were not spending 2% of their GDP's on their militaries.
that shyt changed when Putin invaded Ukraine.
Europe tooling up is a scary sight...

:lupe: