Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
It's completely unreasonable because it allows Russia to capture territory violently. Normalizing that is a bytch.

However, if they can work a LOT of assurances in from the Russians it could be the best current move for the Ukrainian people. But they're going to have to find a way to guarantee that Russia backs the fukk off and can't just start violating again a few years from now.
On top of it... Putin declared the separatist states as their own states when they were a part of Ukraine... that's like Japan declaring California and Hawaii as separatist states and then demand that they become part of Japan after bombing Oregon...

Only Ukraine can declare part of itself as separate states!!!

So once again.. Putin's negotiations are just surrender and go fukk yourself

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Oil is heading to $200 and gas prices will continue to skyrocket. US shipping LNG to Europe is not going to be able to make up the difference.

Ultimately this will be as bad financially for the rest of the world as it is for Russia. And our governments are going to market it as a "necessary sacrifice."

Nations are rarely deterred by economic sanctions and unless someone high up decides to try the unthinkable by killing putin, I doubt this will be any different. I mean Ethiopia is a poor nation but US sanctions didn't change it's political calculus.

The sad part is that the US/EU etc allowed Russia to become this bully by taking its money no questions asked, selling itself to oligarchs and letting Putin do wild shyt like murder your own citizens with polonium for years w/o consequence. Now we're using ukraine to try and catch up somehow by hoping to weaken russia militarily. The thing that the ukranians don't yet understand is just how quickly our attention shifts. We're very good at doing surface level shyt like changing our social media bios to the ukrainian flag etc...but eventually something will happen and the media will move on.

What would you advocate we/they do about it?

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
With the Russians moving closer and closer to Kyiv, I keep asking myself, "What is Putin's end goal?". Is he trying to conserve the city? Why didn't he use his vast artillery and superior Air Force from the jump? Because honestly, he was better off just leveling the place. Even if he does take over the country, and replace leadership, those Ukrainians will NOT accept a Puppet leader as their new PM. He's already a pariah, might as well just go 'scorched earth', and save face.
They been saying russia moving closer to kyiv since 3 weeks ago… when is russia going to admit to the massive L :unimpressed:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
With the Russians moving closer and closer to Kyiv, I keep asking myself, "What is Putin's end goal?". Is he trying to conserve the city? Why didn't he use his vast artillery and superior Air Force from the jump? Because honestly, he was better off just leveling the place. Even if he does take over the country, and replace leadership, those Ukrainians will NOT accept a Puppet leader as their new PM. He's already a pariah, might as well just go 'scorched earth', and save face.
Pro Russian government or destroy Ukraine. If they end the Nazis rooted in Ukraine future revolutions should be halted.

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
I’d love to see what the pentagon is saying
tenor.gif

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Russia has captured numerous nuclear power plants and are close to cutting off Ukraines access to the Black Sea they have been largely success in their objectives. Kviv is the crown jewel and the last major objective stop listening to media propaganda.