Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
So the US finally got military assistance right. But still has foreign policy wrong. :mjlol:

I mean Putin fumbled on the invasion, but hit back-to-back half-court 3s with Iran and Venezuela. Like the opposite of a pyrrhic victory.
What happened with Iran and Valenzuela

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where are you seeing this?

It wouldn’t surprise me though; Russian economy is tanked, martial law is in place and this appears to be Putin’s last hurrah for Russian empire glory and orthodox Christianity or some shyt.

That might be what gets Putin outa here cause I don’t think the people gonna buy it

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Is it past US intelligence to float a questionable story to attempt having Putin off Shoygu? :patrice:

EDIT: @Reality had the same idea as me. Might've been a little too obvious. :jbhmm:

Is there a reason we are taking a Twitter claim seriously? Which US official floated this story?

I don't see any plausible reason to float the story unless it's part of some 4-dimensional chess move beyond our understanding. So it's probably fake. If they thought he was really going to do it they wouldn't tip Putin, but if they were just trying to cause trouble it's a lame attempt cause Putin would be stupid to believe it.