Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Ukraine and Belarus border the Central Federal District, which is where Moscow is located. If NATO gets a foothold in Ukraine, its over for them because there is nothing but flat land from there to Moscow. The Russians would have lost WW3 without firing a single shot. For the Russian government/military the threat is existential. They HAVE to get a security guarantee of some sort from the west or they have to invade. For us it would be the equivalent of seeing Russian and Chinese troops in North Carolina. From their POV, they have more to lose from NOT invading and just letting NATO roll into Ukraine. Its more important then money.
Pretty much. Not only that Ukraine's Black Sea Coast is 466 miles from the Caspian Sea. A competent modern military can cross that flat area in a week. That would create a land bridge that cuts the Russian heartland from the North Caucasus. That would bring Russia on its knees. Nazi Germany took this route in WW2 to try secure the oil. fields in the Caucasus regions of Azerbaijan to fuel their war effort against the Soviets. It failed as the Germans were barely beaten in Stalingrad in Northern Russia. Ukraine is Russia's soft underbelly. And they will do whatever it takes to prevent Ukraine from looking Westward. Even if it means breaking up Ukraine and turning it into a failed state after a war.

ZoeGod

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
They won't loose the German pipeline Biden said the sanctions wont include Russias energy exports. Basically they won't loose their main money maker, those sanctions wont do much since the West isn't going to sanction the energy exports so NATO countries can continue to get their energy. This why Russia is moving in on Ukraine they have leverage and know the West won't do shyt unless they attack a NATO country like Poland or some shyt. U. S. Troops are positioned to defend the NATO countries not Ukraine. Russia will be able to invade Ukraine if they want, they'll just get some weak ass sanctions put on them and in turn Russia will just increase cost of the oil and gas its exporting to NATO countries including the United States :mjlit:
Also Russia needs oil to be $65 a barrel to have a balance budget. With oil at $95 they are having a budget surplus and have about $600 billion cash reserves. This is why they have made oil deals with China and working on that Siberia pipeline to China. They have made the calculus that they can blunt the worst effects of being kicked out of the SWIFT system and sanctions.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
So it's looking like by Monday we'll be in legit disaster mode. Is NATO pulling up? :lupe: Because if so, stocks, crypto, and gasoline are gonna go for a wild ass ride. All in the wrong direction. :damn:

ZoeGod

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Twitter is saying Zelensky is in Europe demanding a clear timeframe for Ukraine joining NATO or else he's willing to restart a nuclear weapons program in Kiev :lupe:
It aint gonna happen. To join you need to have no active border disputes. And re-starting their nuclear program will just give Russia an excuse to invade. I feel for him because you can feel the pressure he is under. But this will give Iran and North Korea ammunition to not give up their nuclear program.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
So it's looking like by Monday we'll be in legit disaster mode. Is NATO pulling up? :lupe: Because if so, stocks, crypto, and gasoline are gonna go for a wild ass ride. All in the wrong direction. :damn:

biden has said beyond sanctions we aint doing shyt ucrehs got to hyon :hubie:

Frankly best result if russia is to invade, they do it wuick. Its over with and no one dies. Pipe dream but :yeshrug:

Obviously no invasion is good to but that may be off the table.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps

if you had asked me at the start of the week I would and have been saying full out war was coming but now I really think if he can keep the casualties low they gonn
let Putin have Ukraine :mjlol:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
if you had asked me at the start of the week I would and have been saying full out war was coming but now I really think if he can keep the casualties low they gonn
let Putin have Ukraine :mjlol:

correct me if Im wrong but wouldnt a bloodbath here be extremely counter productive for Russia?