Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hope not, but why are you excluding a nuke on Lviv against most pro-western population in Ukraine, that would drastically change the religious structure of Ukraine?

NATO systems that see only a nuke attacking can't be sure where it's headed, too... And might respond...

This is my worst case scenario...
But I'm not seeing a diplomatic solution in this climate..

I don't know how sophisticated the defense system are, but I doubt you could wait to see where it's heading. Might be one for the military guys.

Also, any chance Trump could have given Putin launch site location that could allow him to launch preemptive strikes?

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

Citzens can't leave Russia

There are also rumors that he may declare Martial Law

Putin done went full emperor Palpatine.

I don't understand this psychological attempt to maintain what he deems as normalcy helping morale or shaping his actions any different than how they're seen to the rest of the world.

Maybe someone smarter than me can help explain what this accomplishes outside of just pure control and fear?

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Putin done went full emperor Palpatine.

I don't understand this psychological attempt to maintain what he deems as normalcy helping morale or shaping his actions any different that how they're seen to the rest of the world.

Maybe someone smarter than me can help explain what this accomplishes outside of just pure control and fear?

Nothing. Just a man whose one mistake, is creating more mistakes trying to fix the original one.

Able Archer 83

Two Minutes to Midnight
Daps
Reppin
but look how the US did Bin Laden, they threw him in the sea so there is no mark or shrine to worship him or whatever they do. Russians can do that as well.

That has the potential to be even worse. Without a body, you might have a King in the Mountain-type scenario--"he's still out there, and he'll come back and free us". For instance, the Turks tossed away the aforementioned Constantine XI's corpse after the fall of Constantinople, yet he persisted in legend for centuries as the Marble Emperor, an anti-Turkish deliverance legend.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
The Ukrainian government and military needs to figure it out fast before they become a land locked country. The Russians have made some serious gains along the southern front and pretty much secured a land bridge to Crimea. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was priority number one for them since they had to secure fresh water to Crimea. Odessa is going to get sieged like Mariupol and if that happens that’s a major blow to the Ukrainian economy. They will lose access to all their ports.

A sizable portion of the UA is in serious danger of getting encircled in Donbas. If they do a tactical retreat to the Dnieper I wonder if this when we start to see the Russian Air Force? All these experts have been perplexed at the lack of a air campaign during this operation. If the Russians put them in a cauldron we could see the 2022 version of the highway of death.

The eastern front looks hopeless, I'm no military expert but it seems that a careful retreat to Dnipro and then regrouping west of the river looks to be the best solution to avoid too many casualties and reduce the number of fronts.

I'm not sure Ukraine cares about access to the sea as Russia probably already has superiority there. Above all as Transnistria may assist Russia and make Odessa encirclment and takeover easy. There are already Russian ships at the ready there in the Crimea sea.

The supplies can easily come from Poland or Romania so it looks like the Lviv-Kyiv connection is the most crucial line to keep in that case.

Doesnt look good overall but it was expected. Each day Ukraine resists and make it a grind is a victory even though Russia is obviously winning in the grand scheme of things. IMO, if they make it past a month with enough Kyiv, Lviv and enougj men left, it may start to look a bit vietnamese for Russia.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I hope not, but why are you excluding a nuke on Lviv against most pro-western population in Ukraine, that would drastically change the religious structure of Ukraine?

NATO systems that see only a nuke attacking can't be sure where it's headed, too... And might respond...

This is my worst case scenario...
But I'm not seeing a diplomatic solution in this climate..
I don't really see why Putin needs nukes to win this war. He could Dresden Lviv or Kiev if he wants to level those cities, he has enough firepower and close to air dominance to do so without that trump card. I can't fathom it myself.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't really see why Putin needs nukes to win this war. He could Dresden Lviv or Kiev if he wants to level those cities, he has enough firepower and close to air dominance to do so without that trump card. I can't fathom it myself.
Agree with you, I think people are getting carried away. They very clearly still have a path to win militarily, albeit with severe economic and political fallout.

I dont even think the Russian military will touch Lviv, its too far to maintain supply lines and their ultimate goals do not require control of it anyway.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
full
"Are you trying to get me killed?"

:russ: