Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Unemployed GM

All Star
Daps
I'm sure that the club has just been one big front for an entertaining cash laundry. It owes him about GBP1.5bn in loans, none of which he wants to be repaid, according to reporting. None of it makes any sense. I presume that it's a case of dumping & running, whist trying to earn some 'goodwill' on exit.
Plus people neglect the unifying factor of a foreign enemy even in a dictatorship.

I've experienced this personally as someone protesting Milošević regime back in 1996/97.
There is a reason why those protests happened between two wars, and continued only in 2000, after the Kosovo war.
Fear of dictatorship is only a part of it, the other is the unifying reaction to a foreign enemy.

Ousting Russian paraolympians from the games, or musicians from Eurovision, or banning Tchaikovsky from Berlin philharmonics are attacks on Russians in general.

Those will have a unifying anti-west reaction inside Russia.

We are heading towards a nuclear war, while everyone is sure the other side will back down.

You’re right it has to come from the inside of the military.

Hold on bro where are you from? Are you Serbian?

Last edited:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Plus people neglect the unifying factor of a foreign enemy even in a dictatorship.

I've experienced this personally as someone protesting Milošević regime back in 1996/97.
There is a reason why those protests happened between two wars, and continued only in 2000, after the Kosovo war.
Fear of dictatorship is only a part of it, the other is the unifying reaction to a foreign enemy.

Ousting Russian paraolympians from the games, or musicians from Eurovision, or banning Tchaikovsky from Berlin philharmonics are attacks on Russians in general.

We are heading towards a nuclear war, while everyone is sure the other side will back down.

Probably will.

The problem is that in the past targeted sanctions have clearly not worked against Russia, which means they will take over Ukraine, regroup and plan for another country.

This process is to make Russia understand that they simply cannot live in a global world and commit acts like this.

If the people of Russia see it as an attack on Russia at this stage, that fine, but the sanctions stick has failed in the past, so now deal with being removed and ostracised from the global community.

That's fully recognising the anti West sentiment that will foment, cause if Putin keeps this up, WW3 is inevitable anyway.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
He's worth $13 billion. Chelsea is worth $3 billion. My first assumption was that he's so fukking shook about sanctions that he's sacrificing the $3 billion in order to try to save his other $10 billion. I'm not sure if that actually makes sense though.
That’s not what he is doing.

He is selling Chelsea and will collect what he deems appropriate. No idea what “proceeds” are, but it won’t be a 3 billion dollar donation.
Well he owned the debt to Chelsea, which was 1.5 billion.

He wrote that off. Then he isn't taking anything from the sale.

Considering how he has acted to get Chelsea to be come a football powerhouse, it's as genuine a move you will see from a billionaire.
He is taking money from the sale.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps

The West is on the defensive and won't launch a nuke unless Russia does so. Why do you think Putin will ? And against who ?

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Probably will.

The problem is that in the past targeted sanctions have clearly not worked against Russia, which means they will take over Ukraine, regroup and plan for another country.

This process is to make Russia understand that they simply cannot live in a global world and commit acts like this.

If the people of Russia see it as an attack on Russia at this stage, that fine, but the sanctions stick has failed in the past, so now deal with being removed and ostracised from the global community.

That's fully recognising the anti West sentiment that will foment, cause if Putin keeps this up, WW3 is inevitable anyway.
The myth of Russia is over… This invasion of Ukraine is exposing them beyond repair, outdated equipment, using conscripts who only have 4 weeks of training it’s no wonder they are losing… Check the story of The highway of death during the Iraq war where russia had a convoy of around 1200 vehicles and NATO sent them into the shadow realm for 12 hours straight using world war ll era planes.. Took out the lead vehicle and last vehicle and bombed them to dust… I’m sorry but Folk talk about russia nukes and yet russia can’t even stabilize nuclear power properly.. i wouldn’t be surprised if the good majority of those russia nukes are duds..

Russia want no smoke with NATO and the russia military generals know this

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually agree this is pointless and cruel. Though they would technically not be able to travel to any event with all the travel bans.

Flights from non-European countries still go there. Probably could take Emirates/Qatar/Etihad Airways.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, it's Eastern Europe, there are enough racists to go around and I've been hearing enough stories straight from the brehs involved to be sure that they're true.

Doesn't mean everyone will face that racism, definitely believe some people are facing it though.

But the jump from "there is anecdotal racism in eastern Europe" to "therefore Russian aggression and invasion shouldn't be opposed" is ridiculous. All of those brehs were willingly living in Ukraine and doing their best to make a life for themselves despite the occasional racism and should be allowed to continue that shyt in peace. What Russia is doing is fukked up no matter how many racists live in other countries.

Agree with this. The stories are definitely legit, its just silly to draw a direct line between that and your position on the war. Not to mention, the social climate is the exact same in Russia.

Its been a revelation for me to learn how many Africans/Indians/Arabs are studying in Ukraine though. I know it was a popular education destination back in the USSR days, but appears it still is. Most seem to be medical students as well.