Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FM3E-iRXwAMZ2us

Very interesting UNGA vote results.

My observations:

-Successful diplomatic effort as far as Ukraine is concerned. A lot of support outside traditional Western blocs.

-Turkey continues to play fascinating diplomatic balancing act. Exporter of drones to Ukraine that are playing role in the war, potentially limiting use of Dardanelles/Bosphorous to Russian Navy, and now voted in favour of resolution. At same time imports a lot of Russian energy and agricultural products and Turkey among most popular vacation destinations for Russian Tourists. Also bought Russian air defence system.

-Almost all of South Asia and Central Asia abstained. The latter because of very close links to Russia both politically and economically, the former because they likely see them playing a balancing role against China.

-Almost all of Southern Africa abstained. Likely because of feeling of debt/gratitude to USSR for their support in their liberation wars and cultural/political links political leaders in those countries established in Russia those years.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't understand the long term gains. Russia broke and Ukraine will be broke. This shyt stupid as hell.

Putin thinks more in historical terms, uniting the “Rus” people has says been a goal for him. Russia + Belarus + Ukraine

that’s why he had the deranged speech about Ukraine not being a real state. That’s really what he believes. He wants his legacy to be like Peter the great or Catherine the great. Putin thinks that the short term pain won’t last forever, and In a 100 years the Russian people will see him as one of the “greats”

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He’s not wrong. Russians must get Putin out the paint.
no he's not, but he's talking with so much vim in his chest he need to back his energy with his feet

can't stand niccas that go tell people to do something I know their b1tch asses wouldn't do their damn selves

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no he's not, but he's talking with so much vim in his chest he need to back his energy with his feet

can't stand niccas that go tell people to do something I know their b1tch asses wouldn't do their damn selves

We damn near killed 1 million Iraqi civilians and left the country a hell hole based on a lie. Blaming the poor Russian people who live under a dictatorship is ridiculous

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
They're shook. Especially in Moscow.

That tweet is the epitome of stupid overpriveleged american cracker babbel. Sure lets just blame the people for the actions of an evil government dictatorship thats literally holding them hostage at the end of a barrell or 30 years in prison for speaking up.