Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Daps
The Russian Revolution was 50+ years in the making and needed World War I, mass violence, an inept ruler, a failed war against Japan, two revolution attempts(1905/1917), and the promise of a never before implemented political/economic system to work.

I can see why its out of the realm of most, including myself, to think that the Russian people will just rise up.

EDIT: And the resistance movement then had a batshyt frontman like Lenin who wasn’t afraid to kill everyone in his way including “allies” in his struggle.

Your points are 100% valid. My posts just reflect my frustration with the fact that somebody won't just shank that fool.

Is there nobody in Russia willing to take one for the team? The longer he lives, the dismantling of Russian entities and the Russian economy will continue.

Able Archer 83

Two Minutes to Midnight
Daps
Reppin
France is interesting to me. Apparently they spy on on us behind the Russians, chinese, and Israelis

Everybody spies on everybody.

Israel definitely spies on us. We caught one of their spies--Jonathan Pollard--and kept him in federal prison for nearly 30 years to prove a point.

This is fukked up.

Here's the thing: Putin has built his rule on an idea of romantic nationalism--the idea of complete Russian unity, a linked destiny; he became enormously popular among the Russian people by peddling that idea. The problem with that is you can't just unlink that destiny when you want. You want to bask in the glory of a resurgent Mother Russia? You can't cut and run when shyt goes sour.