Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Dont act like you didn't wan this though.

Same with @FAH1223

You're both against the west, so to see you celebrating is unsurprising..

I prefer a US dominated currency, as should you.
Pointing out reality isn’t celebrating

I’m not happy with gas going to $5 or airfare about to get hella expensive

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Bro you can’t get to far away from the dollar because of the stability it has…. Look at Russia’s money today. He would be bat shyt insane to align his countries banks with Crypto, Iran, and China. He might as well call NK next and see if they want to buy oil on credit.

Is Russia a bunch of bums outside of their nukes:ohhh:
It ain’t gonna happen tomorrow breh

It’s more a 2030s problem. @ZoeGod has talked about this too

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Isn’t that shyt illegal?

America does that shyt every day to people..... regular cops can do that shyt. The only reason the rich get around it is that they got lawyers, but these sanctions basically make them all criminals. They have been criminals but it's official now. I legit wonder if anyone buys that shyt though. I would be scared of them poisoning me later :francis:

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You seem very well versed in this.
Do you work in finance and/or are you Chinese or of Chinese descent?
I have a very rudimentary question - don’t you need large trade deficit in order to become a reserve currency? Does it mean China will abandon its export policies?
Thanks in advance.
Technically it already is a reserve currency. I think you're thinking of it being used more widely as a global currency like the dollar. Yes you need a trade deficit like the US.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly, well put!

I dont think people understand the ripple effect of using SWIFT as an economical war tool will come back to haunt them. Also, them going after foreign bank reserves. I can understand them going after Russia in the SWIFT system but going after foreign currency reserves horrible idea.

The single most important thing in any currency used as a medium of exchange is "trust" without that nothing works.

I will go so far as to say nothing in finance works without that key ingredient.

A handshake and a smile of trust us your money are safe in our dollars will not fly anymore at all. Yuan reserves will jump tremendously in the next 3 years to 5 years and financial institutions leaving SWIFT will be in a large exodus.
Even European countries got tired of sanctions and created instex. There was a report by the congressional research service last year warning congress about the dangers of sanctioning all willy nilly and abusing that power.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Nope. Definitely not under these sanctions.
Nah this a slippery slope. If we let them get away with this eventually they gonna come for our shyt. They have no legal ground to seize people’s sht. They are Russians but they are not responsible for their governments action.
America does that shyt every day to people..... regular cops can do that shyt. The only reason the rich get around it is that they got lawyers, but these sanctions basically make them all criminals. They have been criminals but it's official now. I legit wonder if anyone buys that shyt though. I would be scared of them poisoning me later :francis:
Yea that shyt is wrong. Ain’t it the same justification they used to put Japanese people into internment camps?