Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Daps
Okay, somebody school me. So lets say that after all of this is done and Vlad is later impeached/arrested. Will the sanctions be permanent, even if a new "Sane" Russian PM/President is elected? I heard most sanctions last 10-20 years, but this might be the straw that broke the Bear's back.

I personally feel like if Putin were to say "my bad y'all, I'll fall back" :hubie: at this exact moment, a lot of the sanctions would be lifted.

The sanctions are meant to deter him from doing what he's doing. Carrots and sticks as they say.

EDIT
The world would force him to make some concessions tho.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Biden needs to do much more domestically to earn my and a lot of people's vote. I care about what's happening in Ukraine cuz of what it could escalate to but there's much more than that cuz other stuff affects us here. He already has enough issues as is with covid, inflation, interest rate hikes, and other stuff. Not to mention his age and terrible choice of vp if something were to happen him. His odds may not be too good. Maybe even so for the midterms. Tho I would gladly accept a democratic governor just to get rid of Desantis.
Calm down, kid

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Bro shut up… The world is literally on the brink of WW3 and you care about inflation? His vp choice? Interest rate hikes? Foh man

A lot of people are Trump supporters, but they dont want to admit that (out loud). :sas2:

They always talk about money this, money that, what about the economy, but deep down, they want Trump.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
No wonder you have the WOAT title. It was a question you dirty Indian fakkit nobody crying
A stupid question. Y’all spent 4 years under trump saying any pushback to putin was risking nuclear war. Now y’all mad Putin taking actual L’s. Hold your nuts you bytch.
I’m not Indian either fukk boy.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
For clarity, post-soviet Russia has never been a superpower. Your point still stands though.

4,500 nukes says they're a superpower. And they're absolutely still a superpower now despite everything happening, which is why we're doing everything but still won't lay a finger on a single Russian soldier.

It's just we've never seen a country be a superpower and yet be this level of a pariah at the same time.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
4,500 nukes says they're a superpower. And they're absolutely a superpower now, which is why we're doing absolutely everything but still won't lay a finger on a single Russian soldier.

It's just we've never seen a country be a superpower and yet be this level of a pariah at the same time.
Their sheer number of billionaires makes them one. Dudes wanna talk all these comparable circumstances like it matters.