Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
This is also a very U.S POV take too by the way. Authoritarians clown on other presidents and leaders all the damn time and pit them as crazy, evil and a menace to society (hell, even Zelensky has been painted as a drug addict by Putin :heh:). And you are out of your mind if you think American leadership never gets the tag of irrationality because they absolutely do. At least in this region of the world y'all are seen as crazy war mongering gringos that create reasons for conflict out of thin air because of economic and geopolitical motivations. "Gringos gonna gringo" or "typical gringo" applies to any news about some stupid shyt the U.S. might be involved in.
This is exactly my point. I was explicitly talking about the American POV. That non-Americans across the world can see the irrationality of American leadership is proof of my point. An American education blinds you to any other perspectives. The dudes in here trying to stamp out any nuance or exploration of non-American perspectives aren't from other parts of the world, they're just defaulting to the incuriousness bred into them by American media/history. Another poster made a good rebuttal that Trump absolutely got the crazy tag, but ironically it wasn't for any military misadventure, it was for farting in the Oval Office and ruining/exposing the facade of dignified American leadership. Trump actually got the best looks from these crowds when he leaned towards traditional American irrational militaristic chauvinism like assassinating Soleimani or venerating a Navy Seal who uselessly died in Yemen.

There's two very different things at play with this Ukrainian invasion. One is the rationale for invading: stop NATO from getting any closer and warn other countries in the region about what happens when they fly too close to western sun. The other one is how Putin went about this goal. Everything about the execution of this invasion is nothing short of stupid and crazy, Both those things weren't associated with Putin, and it's why a good number of people are still surprised that it happened the way it did. He for sure deserves to be labeled crazy in this situation, he went full retard and put himself in a no win scenario in the biggest stage of them all.
You even mentioning a rationale for invading is what got me and other posters in here harangued by the America First posters brigade for trying to extend the discourse beyond "PUTIN BAD, UKRAINE GOOD!" and watching Ukrainians and Russians having their countries devastated and not responding from the other side of the world like this:
popcorn-dance.gif

I still think it's far too early to judge the invasion strategy because it's literally still ongoing and social media has made the fog of war completely opaque. It very well could be that Russia made massive military strategic blunders, but we can't even see the whole picture yet. We're literally only relying on the reports from the Ukrainian military and pro-Western media, which is as limited a view as relying solely on RT or Russian propaganda arms. This thread is covering the live updates on a war so I'm not even telling people to stop posting that stuff or to stop their unthinking pro-Western cheerleading, I just think a grain of salt and allowance for other nuanced posts is needed.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
This is exactly my point. I was explicitly talking about the American POV. That non-Americans across the world can see the irrationality of American leadership is proof of my point. An American education blinds you to any other perspectives. The dudes in here trying to stamp out any nuance or exploration of non-American perspectives aren't from other parts of the world, they're just defaulting to the incuriousness bred into them by American media/history. Another poster made a good rebuttal that Trump absolutely got the crazy tag, but ironically it wasn't for any military misadventure, it was for farting in the Oval Office and ruining/exposing the facade of dignified American leadership. Trump actually got the best looks from these crowds when he leaned towards traditional American irrational militaristic chauvinism like assassinating Soleimani or venerating a Navy Seal who uselessly died in Yemen.

You even mentioning a rationale for invading is what got me and other posters in here harangued by the America First posters brigade for trying to extend the discourse beyond "PUTIN BAD, UKRAINE GOOD!" and watching Ukrainians and Russians having their countries devastated and not responding from the other side of the world like this:
popcorn-dance.gif

I still think it's far too early to judge the invasion strategy because it's literally still ongoing and social media has made the fog of war completely opaque. It very well could be that Russia made massive military strategic blunders, but we can't even see the whole picture yet. We're literally only relying on the reports from the Ukrainian military and pro-Western media, which is as limited a view as relying solely on RT or Russian propaganda arms. This thread is covering the live updates on a war so I'm not even telling people to stop posting that stuff or to stop their unthinking pro-Western cheerleading, I just think a grain of salt and allowance for other nuanced posts is needed.

That's a lot of words for saying "but what about"

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why are you still quoting me? You asked a dumb ass question and that’s ok. No offense taken. Now go kindly apply the advice from the end of your post and keep it moving. :tu:

Meh. I may just keep quoting you to show you can't be honest and answer a question because your bias are just as bad as the people you try to ridicule.

Yes or no? Nah... Lemme jules.

Outside of the call center, folks like you aren't much different to Nap.

I'll block you now, but feel free to have the last word.

darius19

R.I.P. Kobe and Nip, that’s off the rip
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m hearing some shyt about peace talks between the 2 sides in Belarus. Nothing confirmed though

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Meh. I may just keep quoting you to show you can't be honest and answer a question because your bias are just as bad as the people you try to ridicule.

Yes or no? Nah... Lemme jules.

Outside of the call center, folks like you aren't much different to Nap.

I'll block you now, but feel free to have the last word.

No, Putin isn’t acting rationally :skip:

Go ahead with that block now. Thanks. :tu: