Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I remember because he was such a pos about it

He would write essays about Trump's character and motivations and how Trump was the best candidate for black people.
And he wasn't trolling?

A white supremacist was the best candidate for black people?

Because both sides right?

Was he one of those who were so angry Bernie lost that they went full horseshoe?

Daps
Yes but certainly Zelensky wouldnt be attending in person regardless due to safety concerns. Ambassadors at the UN could handle this matter sufficiently enough

Indeed- for a man who has shown incredible fortitude, and intelligence, through this conflict, that would be a step too far, or something born out of sheer stupidity!!

I don’t doubt that Putin has a special batch of novichuk with his name on it, though.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I do not know if the comparison makes sense but in the 2003 Iraq War, Baghdad fell a month into the invasion and a after a week of battle in the city.

This may be a good point of reference to assess the curent progress of Russia's invasion, knowing that :
1. Ukraine's infantry is better than the Iraqis
2. Russia's technological superiority to Ukraine is relatively lower to US/UK superiority to Iraq
3. Iraq's army was outnumbering the invader by 4 to 1 (including reserve) which is more than 3 to 1 of Ukraine.
4. Weather for this war is winter/snow though it's only a week earlier.
5. Way less indirect ally support for Iraq than Ukraine has

There may be more divergences obviously but on the scale of operations and overall strategy, i see plenty of similarities and it seems to be the closest war we can compare to :
- Kurds being the local support like Belarus and Donbass/Lougansk separatists are
- Pincer strategy from 3 fronts
- Air superiority by the invader (Russia seems to be less efficient though)

With that in mind, I think it's probably too early to judge Russia's advance as the time frame to take Kiev should probably be a couple of weeks at least. We are having an orgy of information every hour since it's started but realistically most are meaningless in the grand scheme of things and we may not yet get the proper bigger picture. I think next week, we'll probably see clearer.

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis

player-3-has-entered-the-game-kids-t-shirt.jpg

Daps
I do not know if the comparison makes sense but in the 2003 Iraq War, Baghdad fell a month into the invasion and a after a week of battle in the city.

This may be a good point of reference to assess the curent progress of Russia's invasion, knowing that :
1. Ukraine's infantry is better than the Iraqis
2. Russia's technological superiority to Ukraine is relatively lower to US/UK superiority to Iraq
3. Iraq's army was outnumbering the invader by 4 to 1 (including reserve) which is more than 3 to 1 of Ukraine.
4. Weather for this war is winter/snow though it's only a week earlier.
5. Way less indirect ally support for Iraq than Ukraine has

There may be more divergences obviously but on the scale of operations and overall strategy, i see plenty of similarities and it seems to be the closest war we can compare to :
- Kurds being the local support like Belarus and Donbass/Lougansk separatists are
- Pincer strategy from 3 fronts
- Air superiority by the invader (Russia seems to be less efficient though)

With that in mind, I think it's probably too early to judge Russia's advance as the time frame to take Kiev should probably be a couple of weeks at least. We are having an orgy of information every hour since it's started but realistically most are meaningless in the grand scheme of things and we may not yet get the proper bigger picture. I think next week, we'll probably see clearer.

Would imagine that supplies, finances, and logistics on the Russian side should enter the calculations. Any unrest of the Russian people might start to affect plans, too, although it appears that Russian lies seem to have the people broadly believing that Russia is in the right.