Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Daps
It's incredible how folks are able to sleep. I know, sleep is necessary, but it's hard for me to fathom sleeping when you don't know if missiles are coming down or not.

I guess, there's nothing you can do either way. This must be the numbness that comes along with being in a war zone.

Putin has lost his mind. So he's gonna threaten the whole world, huh? I'm calling it, brehs. It's only a matter of time before hands and feet get put on this fool.

Daps
Can Ukraine hire mercenaries like GoT’s second sons or golden company ?

damn they need a Hail Mary

I'll ignore the fantasy talk :gucci:, to answer your question.

There are no large thousands-strong contingents of military mercenaries as far as I know.

One could argue that them putting a general call out for foreign men to join their military is their hail mary.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
ixZmLHy.png

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

Aside from the obvious White Nationalism, I also get a sense of a "Drug/Substance Abuse vibe" with this new, young GOP/Republican Crowd. Like with Don Jr., he has a obvious habit, Donald has his stuff as well. Gaetz, along with his pedophilia stuff, he looks like a guy who is on substances. I have no idea who that guy is, but he is on something, and his facial expression look like Fire Marshall Bill.

f93845f86094489a00936c329ae9d460.jpg

Daps
A u.s. President would have left a long time ago. American politicians ain't built for that kind of life

Don't think it's that cut and dry but I do agree that no way a US president would be allowed to stay on the ground in a situation like this.

He would have been forced to evacuate against his will.

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

The Ukrainians are going hard right now because they have their president right there on the frontlines with them. There's power in that.

On the other hand, the position of POTUS is so important and so symbolic, that you can't risk him being killed. Him being killed in such a way would be such a blow to not only the US but the entire world, that it's too risky to even let it happen.