Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

BigBlackSea

All Star
Daps
This article from CNN shows why we’ve seen so many attacks from Ukraine inside Russia. Their counteroffensive is losing momentum and they have to use more psychological tactics (just like Russia is doing). I predict this will end in a ceasefire, with Russia keeping its new territory unfortunately

https://us.cnn.com/2023/08/08/politics/ukraine-counteroffensive-us-briefings/indexes.html
It seems so.

The West half-assed their support. From a manpower standpoint, their hands are tied, but supplies are where they should have been dumping the bag.

There should have been more of an effort to strategies beating the dug in defenders. I believe the statistic is that you need a 3-1 ratio of men when attacking, so tech and gear should have been the the aspect focus on. Mine clearing equipment, air assets, the works. It should have been a D-Day/ Shock and Awe type of operation.

Unfortunately, it begs the question on how much of the special toys are the US and it's allies willing to share with the Ukes? We have all types of precision bombing platforms that should have laid waste to Russian artillery units.

Some little piece of shyt DJI consumer level toy dropping grenades in trenches is cute, but what they need are some kind of cut-down export version of Reapers/Predators (big ask, though).

Of course, it goes without saying most of the special equipment requires a supply army of its own just to maintain them, which means boots on the ground in the form of trainers and operators and bases.

Best bet is to try to break Russian economic ties ,as that's what is keeping them in the fight.

Last edited:

Mr.bocario

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
It seems so.

The West half-assed their support. From a manpower standpoint, their hands are tied, but supplies are where they should have been dumping the bag.

There should have been more of an effort to strategies beating the dug in defenders. I believe the statistic is that you need a 3-1 ratio of men when attacking, so tech and gear should have been the the aspect focus on. Mine clearing equipment, air assets, the works. It should have been a D-Day/ Shock and Awe type of operation.

Unfortunately, it begs the question on how much of the special toys are the US and it's allies willing to share with the Ukes? We have all types of precision bombing platforms that should have laid waste to Russian artillery units.

Some little piece of shyt DJI consumer level toy dropping grenades in trenches is cute, but what they need are some kind of cut-down export version of Reapers/Predators (big ask, though).

Of course, it goes without saying most of the special equipment requires a supply army of its own just to maintain them, which means boots on the ground in the form of trainers and operators and bases.

Best bet is to try to break Russian economic ties ,as that's what is keeping them in the fight.

Agreed. I think NATO is in a delicate position, where they want to prevent Russian aggression, but also realize Putin is a madman that will do anything to save face or stay in power, and no one in Washington wants a direct confrontation with Russia regardless of their shortcomings.

The manpower thing can’t be underestimated either. Putin has a lot of support from the Russian people and they clearly don’t mind feeding bodies to the meat grinder . Can Ukraine say the same thing?

It’s just a shytty situation all around.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Agreed. I think NATO is in a delicate position, where they want to prevent Russian aggression, but also realize Putin is a madman that will do anything to save face or stay in power, and no one in Washington wants a direct confrontation with Russia regardless of their shortcomings.

The manpower thing can’t be underestimated either. Putin has a lot of support from the Russian people and they clearly don’t mind feeding bodies to the meat grinder . Can Ukraine say the same thing?

It’s just a shytty situation all around.

While there does seem to be some level of support for the war, it is pretty hard to gauge actual support in a quasi-totalitarian (some might argue actual totalatarian) state.

How can you trust polling data if the responses could land some of the respondents in prison (or worse)?

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
My sincerest apologies, i confused it with the article regarding their oil revenue being up by 50 percent. Here's the link. Let me know if youd like an alternative source:

Russia Oil Revenue Up 50% This Year Despite Boycott, IEA Says

Why the Russian ruble just hit a 2-month high

Ruble hits 2-year high against the dollar as Russia tries to avoid default - CNN

Russian ruble makes large gains in spite of sanctions: are they working?

So i was right regarding the oil revenue and the Ruble rising, but I concede that i was wrong regarding the GDP.

What up now homie?
@PewPew

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
  • May 19, 2022

skrong Russian economy indeed.
    just give it time, how long can the ruble be artificially floated before the veil is pulled off?

one industry after another is going to fail.
    their car industry is already shytting the bed and i predict that the airlines will shyt the bed shortly.
    they can't replace parts on commercial airlines so what the fukk do you think is gonna happen.
    gonna be raining Ivans.

Mr.bocario

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
While there does seem to be some level of support for the war, it is pretty hard to gauge actual support in a quasi-totalitarian (some might argue actual totalatarian) state.

How can you trust polling data if the responses could land some of the respondents in prison (or worse)?

I watch mainstream news and then I watch clips that are pro Russia and I believe the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Putin is seen someone that modernized Russia after the fall of the Soviet Union.

While he definitely has many critics and dissidents (just like every totalitarian), you’d be surprised how much that bring back the Russian Empire resonates with a lot of Russians

Especially if its totalitarianism strongmen is what you’re use to

Just like we have constant articles and news clips showing how poorly the Russians are doing, while downplaying Ukrainian shortfalls, the Russians have their own propaganda machine doing the same thing

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps
Russian defense lines are breaking in the south.

The next week or so will be very interesting.

Ukrainian cluster munitions are doing work on Russian trenches and giving them boys fits. :wow:

Last edited:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Putin is seen someone that modernized Russia after the fall of the Soviet Union.

By whom? :skip:

And why? What great steps forward did Putin lead the way for in the past 20 plus years? Russia can't manufacture parts for air bags or ABS brakes in cars because they don't have the manufacturing capabilities. Modernized indeed. :skip: This can be said for electronics production, airline maintenance and eventually rail... :dead:

The only thing Putin modernized in Russia was the extraction of wealth. :demonic:

Mr.bocario

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
By whom? :skip:

And why? What great steps forward did Putin lead the way for in the past 20 plus years? Russia can't manufacture parts for air bags or ABS brakes in cars because they don't have the manufacturing capabilities. Modernized indeed. :skip: This can be said for electronics production, airline maintenance and eventually rail... :dead:

The only thing Putin modernized in Russia was the extraction of wealth. :demonic:

Hey breh propaganda is a mofo. You can convince the common person just about anything if you package it a certain way .

Look at how many people worship Trump. Now imagine if Fox News or newsmax was your only mainstream outlet

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Hey breh propaganda is a mofo. You can convince the common person just about anything if you package it a certain way .

Look at how many people worship Trump. Now imagine if Fox News or newsmax was your only mainstream outlet

But hold up and let me ask you why you are trying to conflate Trump worship with this convo? :skip:
That being said, :skip:

Russia was believed to be the second most powerful military on Google Earf. They have been proven to be the second best military in Ukraine and Russia.

Put propaganda aside and look at the fact that almost 2 years into this "Special Military Operation" that was supposed to be three weeks long has led to constant sabotage operations on Russian soil by:

1. Ukraine
2. Russians who are big mad at Putin:
2a. Oligarchs smart enough and with enough juice and ties to the West to play the double agent game.
2b. Military turning on the state in any number of ways ranging from theft, fraternal rape, extortion within it's own ranks, negligence... I could make subsection on this alone.

3. GLADIO. Forces let over after WW2 throughout the Cold War into the present. Motherfukkers living life day to day in contact with NATO and access to all the coms, money, small arm and explosives NATO blesses them with. Yeah, now they are dropping cigs in every important manufacturing complex Russia has.

I'd like to restate, propaganda aside, these are facts. RU is about to get washed on some epic shyt.